Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bad egg...

(4 Posts)
Huff23 Thu 06-Nov-14 19:38:54

so I made fresh gnocchi a few days ago, and cooked the rest of the batch today. But when I bit into the first one, it tasted horrible - pretty sure the raw egg had gone bad. Now I did poach the gnocchi, and I did spit it the bad mouthful out immediately, but i'm paranoid that I still swallowed some horrible bacteria that's going to harm my baby. Please tell me I'm overreacting... :-(

TheScenicRoute Thu 06-Nov-14 20:12:27

There's a chance of any food doing that, as long as you don't become unwell in the next 2 days you'll be absolutely fine. I had a few things that I suddenly realised I shouldn't have eaten, and the next few days were worrying, but thankfully came to nothing.

The chances are you will be fine, good luck. X

Pifflingcodswollop Thu 06-Nov-14 20:16:25

Totally random considering your concern,but what's your recipe?Mine always fall apart really badly when cooking and had been looking for a good 'tried and tested' one!
I'm sure you'll be fine ref your original question though!

Huff23 Thu 06-Nov-14 20:51:19

500g mashed potato, one egg, then add enough flour to get a nice pliable dough... not exactly scientific, but works for me!!

thanks for the replies... still anxious, but a bit less so now :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now