Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Spd in subsequent pgs

(7 Posts)
VillyCazalet Thu 06-Nov-14 14:57:01

Just that really! I had it badly with no2, though not at all the first time. It's been over 3 years now, does anyone have any idea how likely it is to return if I got pg again? I don't think I could do it if so sad

VillyCazalet Thu 06-Nov-14 16:29:30

Bump

Does anyone have experience of having had spd then a further pg? I really don't know how likely it is to reoccur.

speak2me Thu 06-Nov-14 16:53:22

Probably not want you want to hear but my experience was SPD in 1st pregnancy from about 25 weeks, managed with 8 sessions of private Physio til birth plus following the advice on how to take care of it (pillows between legs when sleeping, exercises on gym ball and some manipulations which I was able to do at home as Physio showed me how to etc). I'm now 21weeks with DC2, pain started at 15 weeks but I've been ok so far, I've just managed to get a NHS Physio referral from the doctor so hope this will be enough, I am worried It started sooner this time, and that I've still got nearly half of this pregnancy to go whilst looking after a 2yo.
That said, I have heard that it doesn't necessarily come back in subsequent pregnancies do I could just be unlucky!

bitembarrassed3 Thu 06-Nov-14 16:58:27

Hi I had severe spd with first ended up on crutches took around two years to heal fully. Next time round was dreading it coming back but nothing! Not even a twinge and was so surprised. So it is possible for it not to happen again. No way of knowing beforehand though I guess thats the problem.

VillyCazalet Thu 06-Nov-14 17:50:38

Thanks, that's reassuring. I got it late in my second pg but went to 42 weeks anyway and was absolutely crippled by it.

I don't feel any twinges now, though I did for about 2 years post birth.

mumxof3x Thu 06-Nov-14 18:34:35

First pregnancy no spd, second one spd and sciatica from 16wk, 3rd one again from 15wks and sadly it was worse for me on my 3rd. Im now 12+2 with 4th and so far I am ok x

PontypineNumber9 Thu 06-Nov-14 19:49:27

I had mild (and manageable) spd from about 20 weeks in first pregnancy. Second time around now and it came on at about 15 weeks and feels a lot worse. My sister had it and said cranial osteopathy helped so I'm trying that out next week. Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now