Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm scared every day

(5 Posts)
Cloe2014 Thu 06-Nov-14 14:19:28

I found out I was pregnant before I even missed a period me and my partner talked about trying and I got caught straight away. I have had a misscarrige nearly two years ago. At 6 weeks I had a scan as I was in pain, saw the heart beat everything was fine, at 8 weeks I started bleeding and had another scan and I had lost the baby at 7weeks. Finding out so early this time I have been scared everyday, I am now 6 weeks and have pains every day like period pains I'm just worried and want to goto sleep and wake up when Im 12+ weeks sad

SeptemberBabies Thu 06-Nov-14 14:23:23

I feel your pain.

I had my MC at 12 weeks and when I got pregnant again it took well past 20 weeks before I started feeling OK with the pregnancy, My beautiful daughter is now 6 weeks old.

My survival for the early weeks was to do my best to simply not think about being pregnant. I basically just pretended I wasn't. Aside from the necessary precautions needed when pregnant, I never looked forward or considered actually being pregnant or the growing baby inside me.

Until the baby started moving (giving constant reassurance that she was OK), ignoring the pregnancy was how I coped with the fear of miscarriage.

Cloe2014 Thu 06-Nov-14 14:27:23

I am off work on sick at last week I fainted because my blood pressure was low. The doctor today had given me another 3 weeks off which means I'm sat in the house just constantly thinking about it. On one hand im glad I'm not at work because my work is physical and to be honest I just want to wrap myself up until I feel everything is ok but just sat doing nothing and having stomach pain makes it worse as I'm constantly worrying and waiting to MC

sizethree Thu 06-Nov-14 21:43:46

I know exactly how you feel. It is such a worrying time.
I just try to remind myself that worrying can't do any bad nor any good. And remind yourself that you're found everything right to have a healthy pregnancy. The odds are still very much in your favour and that each second that passes gets you closer to the scan.
It must be hard being in the house and spare time is hard with so much on your mind.
Start on a box set on Netflix or get into reading. Anything that'll occupy your mind to distract you.
Even reading this has passed a few mins!
Try to stay positive and be kind to yourself. You've had a rough time so you're due some good luck.
Take care of yourself. X

Cloe2014 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:30:56

Thankyou , last night and today the pain has been the worst I know if I go for a scan and everything is ok it's not going to mean the next day it still will be. My partner keeps telling me to goto doctors but I know there's nothing they can do its just a waiting game blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now