Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal?

(5 Posts)
COYGL12 Thu 06-Nov-14 14:19:16

Yesterday I ate something from the avoid list accidentally. Have since had diharrea, nausea & am hot since.

Ring midwife who tells me listeriosis risk very low, please don't come in as it's most likely a tummy bug which we don't want you passing on to our other pregnant ladies. If you're still concerned ring your GP.

Does this sound right to you? 32 weeks & worried after googling listeriosis. Is it really such a low risk that no one bothers checking?

Thank you xxx

ireallydontlikemonday Thu 06-Nov-14 14:21:25

What did you eat?

HazleNutt Thu 06-Nov-14 16:47:59

Google says that it takes at least a few days before you would see any symptoms from listeria infection, average incubation period is 30 days. A longer incubation period was observed for pregnancy-associated cases (median: 27.5 days; range: 17–67 days) .
Therefore it's unlikely you would see symptoms if you ate something only yesterday.

COYGL12 Thu 06-Nov-14 17:13:07

Pâté, thought it was a mousse sad so angry with myself. Hopefully it's just a nasty tummy bug then, thank you for the info.

Psmith83 Fri 07-Nov-14 08:27:24

Listeria is VERY rare. Google Zoe Williams in the Guardian on this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now