Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Smoking?

(10 Posts)
gabrielle1201 Thu 06-Nov-14 07:24:39

My cousins smokes regularly while pregnant and I gave it up quite a while ago. However, I had 2 puffs/draws/smokes and gave it back although I didn't inhale properly I just alrounf felt bad. Would this harm my baby? I won't b doing it agin anyways and I am 5 months pregnant now. I was around her smoke too. Any ideas? Ty

AngryBeaver Thu 06-Nov-14 07:27:40

Speak to your midwife. She will have information for you regarding this.
Not a good idea to smoke at all while pregnant. But 2 puffs won't cause permanent harm, imo.

gabrielle1201 Thu 06-Nov-14 07:31:52

It wasn't even inhaled properly like I have my anomaly scan soon just would annoy me if anything were to happen

foxyfemke Thu 06-Nov-14 07:40:05

I highly doubt two puffs are going to to do any harm. But you need to tell your cousins to quit smoking, she's putting her baby in danger.

gabrielle1201 Thu 06-Nov-14 07:41:28

I have told her she won't listen, but I'll not b going near it anyways

gamerchick Thu 06-Nov-14 07:46:51

You don't need to speak to your midwife.

You'll be inhaling more poisons from people's exhausts on a day to day basis tall have more effect than a couple of puffs off a cig.

gabrielle1201 Thu 06-Nov-14 07:47:58

Yea I thought that myself but everything should be ok then like I've nothing to worry about? X

eurochick Thu 06-Nov-14 07:49:04

I agree with gamer chick. Two puffs is a non issue. But your cousin is putting her baby at risk.

gabrielle1201 Thu 06-Nov-14 07:52:30

My cousin knows the risks like but there's nothin I could say to stop her from stopping I've tried like and she's further along than I am x

naty1 Thu 06-Nov-14 15:00:07

Its not so much just the risks but also the hassle.
My dmum smoked through pg and bith of us have asthma (plus hypothyroidism, allergies, hayfever)
I just couldnt be bothered with all the appointments for those things, a couple of hospital stays, daily medicine, remembering to have it with you, worry (as i saw an asthmatic child died at school where they didnt get the medicine)
Having a baby is hard enough without them being ill.
Oh and i forgot i think there may be a link to infertility (dsis and i both needed ivf) so if your cousin wants grandkids.
I wish they would ban it personally. sad

Im sure youre fine with a couple of puffs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now