Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eating raw chicken in pregnancy

(5 Posts)
lucielu76 Wed 05-Nov-14 21:11:03

Hi, I'm 30 weeks pregnant with twins. My husband and I have just been out for dinner to our local pub. I had chicken skewers but unfortunately some of the chicken was raw in the middle. I think I realised before I ate too much of it and obviously we complained. I've called the hospital and they said to keep an eye on it and call if any stomach pains but I am a little worried it will affect my babies

Pifflingcodswollop Wed 05-Nov-14 22:21:20

As far asI know,and someone more knowledgeable can correct me-the risk is food poisoning and subsequent dehydration,I don't think there is a bacterial risk to your babies. Therefore if you don't get sick I think there is no risk to babies,if you do the most important thing is to keep hydrated.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to confirm or deny this!

Gingerandcocoa Wed 05-Nov-14 22:25:36

If you don't feel ill in the next 6 hours then I'm sure you will be fine smile

ecuse Wed 05-Nov-14 22:46:23

My understanding is salmonella doesn't cross the placenta so doesn't pose a risk to the baby (unlike listeria which would).

lucielu76 Thu 06-Nov-14 13:44:39

Thanks for everyone's replies. I am fine today so think it is ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now