Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Urgent advice.... when did i actually conceive!!!!

(9 Posts)
sianilovesbeingamummy Wed 05-Nov-14 20:39:13

Really need to know the answer to this.

I had an early scan last week and went along thinking i was exactly 8 weeks pregnant due to my last period being 4th September......

Scan showed i was 6weeks5days pregnant yet the sac showed i was 7weeks 5days.......

With this data can anyone help me work out when i did actually conceive as it is kinda vital

Many thanks

naty1 Wed 05-Nov-14 21:13:37

The dating is based i assume on average growth, if you/partner are unusually short or tall i guess it can be out and way baby lies.
I had ivf and looking at the scan it measured baby a few days out from the known conception date smile
They even altered the due date.
Your period might not be 100% accurate you could have ovulated earlier than standard 14 days or really late.
The size i would think would probably be within a week.

I mean i saw in ivf although pretty standard some embryos grow faster or slower than others.

Littleturkish Wed 05-Nov-14 21:18:16

My due date jumped around from my 6 week to 12 week scan by a week and three days. The date of conception according to the scan I KNOW is wrong. Sadly, if there is a matter of days between the dates (sorry, I'm assuming this is a different parenters issue?) you're going to really struggle to work out the paternity based on scans.

Itsfab Wed 05-Nov-14 21:21:58

If it is a case of who is the father you are going to need to discuss things with your midwife.

I knew exactly when I conceived DS and the scan was a day out, maybe the sperm just took a whole day to meet the egg? grin.

sianilovesbeingamummy Wed 05-Nov-14 21:24:16

Littleturkish you have this bang on....nothing i am proud of but from an ex partener to getting with someone else there is a week which we were together, but i was on my period for 3days of this week so i just dont know now.... if i was 8weeks then it is defo my ex but we arent on bad terms!!! My little girl measured small all the way through pregnancy even had the nurse questioning her due date when i had ELCS.....

I just wish i knew the answer. Suppose i will have to wait until 12week scan then!!!

KittyVonCatsington Thu 06-Nov-14 06:28:16

Even with the 12 week scan, you may not get exact dates-mine keeps changing and it doesn't match when I know I ovulated (was charting my temps and it is very clear!) so you may still need to do a paternity test once baby is born.

Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!

mumxof3x Thu 06-Nov-14 08:22:34

Scans cannot always give exact dates, of conception I know mines a tad out because I only DTD once and even given sperm can last a while my date is still abit out. And theres also the 2wk issue (they add 2wks on to base it around last LMP) so if scan says you are 12wk along for example you convieved around 10wk ago etc etc (well in uk anyway). Your final gestation date will probably be given from your 12wk scan, my scan at 9wk was a full week out which I knew was impossible. Theres no better way then a paternity test when babys born x

sianilovesbeingamummy Thu 06-Nov-14 13:08:04

Panic over i guess ladies. Spoke with Midwife this morning and she has calculated conception as 26th Sept so Father is defo who i initially thought... Even given a week or 2 this wouldnt make any difference whatsoever so i seem to have made myself look a little tartish for no reason.

lunar1 Thu 06-Nov-14 13:12:12

Glad you got the answer you wanted. Congratulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now