Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Random abdominal pains 16 weeks

(6 Posts)
smogsville Wed 05-Nov-14 15:34:59

Hoping this is nothing to be concerned about, it's basically like a period pain I am assuming it's just womb stretching or the baby doing some particularly keen growing? V tired today compared to Monday and Tuesday.

No bleeding or other symptoms.

Any reassurance welcome. So much for sailing calmly through preg no 2!

Gunpowder Thu 06-Nov-14 10:10:33

I had these from around 16 weeks in my last pregnancy. Once my bump was bigger I realised they were Braxton hicks!

If they are not constant/severe it's prob either the above or just stretching/round ligament pain but I'd prob mention to your MW so she can eliminate a uti. smile

smogsville Thu 06-Nov-14 10:31:05

Thanks Gunpowder. It's defo not that bad but seeing mw on sat so will mention. They have sent urine sample for testing as it had a bit of protein on Monday but I remember that from first preg and it never amounted to anything.

Gunpowder Thu 06-Nov-14 12:14:51

Aah the joys of pregnancy! I think it's pretty much 40 weeks of worry. Hope rest goes smoothly for you. smile

skyra13 Thu 06-Nov-14 14:00:07

I am currently 18 weeks I get random pains all the time, i just think if it was really painfull and bleeding then i need to worry, but most of the time its just little stabbing pains or a dull ache is the one im getting a lot of recently.
My midwife said its usually round ligament pain they can feel different sometimes, so I try not to worry smile

smogsville Thu 06-Nov-14 19:04:42

Thanks both!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: