Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Random abdominal pains 16 weeks

(6 Posts)
smogsville Wed 05-Nov-14 15:34:59

Hoping this is nothing to be concerned about, it's basically like a period pain I am assuming it's just womb stretching or the baby doing some particularly keen growing? V tired today compared to Monday and Tuesday.

No bleeding or other symptoms.

Any reassurance welcome. So much for sailing calmly through preg no 2!

Gunpowder Thu 06-Nov-14 10:10:33

I had these from around 16 weeks in my last pregnancy. Once my bump was bigger I realised they were Braxton hicks!

If they are not constant/severe it's prob either the above or just stretching/round ligament pain but I'd prob mention to your MW so she can eliminate a uti. smile

smogsville Thu 06-Nov-14 10:31:05

Thanks Gunpowder. It's defo not that bad but seeing mw on sat so will mention. They have sent urine sample for testing as it had a bit of protein on Monday but I remember that from first preg and it never amounted to anything.

Gunpowder Thu 06-Nov-14 12:14:51

Aah the joys of pregnancy! I think it's pretty much 40 weeks of worry. Hope rest goes smoothly for you. smile

skyra13 Thu 06-Nov-14 14:00:07

I am currently 18 weeks I get random pains all the time, i just think if it was really painfull and bleeding then i need to worry, but most of the time its just little stabbing pains or a dull ache is the one im getting a lot of recently.
My midwife said its usually round ligament pain they can feel different sometimes, so I try not to worry smile

smogsville Thu 06-Nov-14 19:04:42

Thanks both!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now