Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Bra stores for huge boobies please :-)

(15 Posts)
rubyboo2 Wed 05-Nov-14 13:07:11

Hi ladies my boobs have just got bigger and I need some maternity Bras . I dont want to spend too much as I am 26wks .
The problem is I am normally a 40dd so wondering which stores I should try , any reccomendations ?? I live in Leeds .

Thanks smile

Chloris33 Wed 05-Nov-14 13:28:21

Might be a case of ordering online, I think. M&S should have maternity bras to order in this size, though they often don't have a great selection of sizes in store. Think they would be the most reasonable in price - you can get packs of 2. You can also order most sizes online through Figleaves.com. The shop Bravissimo will do this size, but watch out - they are expensive! I had them measure me and find me two nice bras in my 2nd trimester, but when I got the till to pay it came to £80!

avocadotoast Wed 05-Nov-14 17:19:08

Bravissimo. The one in Leeds is brilliant; they are expensive, but if you get fitted the women really know what they're talking about, and they bring more stock to you than is out on the shop floor.

avocadotoast Wed 05-Nov-14 17:20:15

Although saying they're expensive - I got two bras and it came to £57, which is more than you'd spend in the likes of M&S, but considering how well they fit I think it's worth it.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 05-Nov-14 18:11:24

Unless you can fit yourself, I'd avoid M&S.

Taura Wed 05-Nov-14 19:11:22

If you get measured in Bravissimo (or rather, "fitted", as they don't use tape measures), you can find out your actual comfortable size. Expect (from personal experience and experiences of others I've spoken to) to end up with a smaller back size and bigger cup size! And you can then take that size and go online or to M&S or where does cheap bras and try/buy.

L1amsMum Wed 05-Nov-14 21:59:42

For me it was a case of ordering online. I was 44D pre-pregnancy so .. imagine now I'm even bigger >.< As exasperating as it seemed, no store would have my measure in maternity bras so I ended up ordering from Bonprix

naty1 Wed 05-Nov-14 22:08:44

Mothercare? They had a e f size in nursing bra.

sleepdodger Wed 05-Nov-14 22:31:16

Bravissimo in store
Online- Order bravado tshirt bras online and size cups up
Panache Sophie also good

SorrelForbes Wed 05-Nov-14 22:33:12

Definitely got to Bravissimo.

Have you seen this guide?

rubyboo2 Thu 06-Nov-14 08:19:41

Thank you ladies this was very helpful . I am going bra shopping tomorow before my bra's break ! I was going to try M&S and Mothercare but I didnt know about Bravissimo so thanks will give them a try . smile

SorrelForbes Thu 06-Nov-14 09:17:47

Honestly, avoid M&S and Mothercare. They will put you in the wrong size grin

TinyMonkey Thu 06-Nov-14 09:20:43

Debenhams maternity bras managed to control my 40Es more, and were quite reasonably priced.

Just about to get measured up for some nursing bras, and John Lewis seem to have a good range of sizes in Royce bras, no idea whether they'll fit me nicely, but I trust their fitters more than I would M&S.

HazleNutt Thu 06-Nov-14 16:42:28

Do you actually need maternity bras though? Some women do find that underwires irritate and rub, but for many it's just a question of wrong size. Otherwise it's perfectly fine to wear normal, non-maternity bras throughout pregnancy and breastfeeding - personally I found that those soft maternity bras just weren't offering enough support.

londonlivvy Fri 07-Nov-14 18:30:13

I found debenhams good. I grew a bra size every month which got pricey and bravissimo was v expensive and I had a couple of bad experiences there so won't go back

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now