Talk

Advanced search

20 week scan.

(2 Posts)
StellaLuna82 Wed 05-Nov-14 11:34:25

Very excited for our 20 week scan this week. Is there anything in particular I should be a asking?

Lifeisabeach Wed 05-Nov-14 12:15:26

I've just had mine this morning. The sonographer said at the start that she needed to take a series of measurements to check baby was developing properly, and if she was unable to get them all today because of the position of the baby then I would be invited back at 23 weeks. She said that if she spotted a problem then she would discuss that with us at the end of the scan.

She talked through each measurement she took, pointing out the head, heart, kidneys, face, lips, feet etc. She then put a report in my notes with the different measurements on, with the head circumference, femur length and abdominal circumference plotted on a graph to show the gestation. They all came out just over 20 weeks, which is what I am, so that was fine.

She didn't mention finding out the gender and we didn't ask.

She asked if we wanted pictures and then spent a couple of minutes trying to get good pics of baby for us.

She said at the end that she'd been able to get all the measurements she needed and everything looked fine. I didn't feel the need to ask any other questions as she talked through it all and said everything was ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now