Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks and no symptoms

(14 Posts)
Firsttimemum245 Wed 05-Nov-14 09:55:08

Hi all, I'm new to this so please bear with me! I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant with my first and so far have experienced hardly any symptoms other than feeling a bit tired and some cramping. Is this normal? I'm sure there are plenty folk who wish they had no symptoms but I just wish I would feel something. I'm just worried that something is wrong. Any advice??

Ducky23 Wed 05-Nov-14 10:35:05

With my first pg I was throwing up what felt like constantly, I couldn't eat anything and my sense of smell went through the roof (Girl) this time I had no symptoms apart from AF like cramps early on until later on when I was just tierd all the time, am 33 weeks with a boy smile.

Congratulations on your pg!

HangingInAGruffaloStance Wed 05-Nov-14 10:39:28

Congratulations. I was the same and posted about it. Now have a healthy three year old! Remember no period is very much a symptom. I never developed strong symptoms or morning sickness, if you are lucky you won't either!

sianilovesbeingamummy Wed 05-Nov-14 10:47:35

i am constantly knackered and feel like i do nothing but complain but i am up each day at 5am, have 2 children under 3 to entertain daily and then i have to tackle 4hours of Uni work before i can hit the hay and start all over again the following day lol..... I didnt have symptoms with my first, a boy but i had horrendous sickness with my 2nd, a girl.... apart from tiredness i have no symptoms and i am rather bloody glad to be honest, i havent got time to be hogging the toilet too lol.

Enjoy your pregnancy, hope it remains easy going for you

TinyMonkey Wed 05-Nov-14 10:52:49

That was totally normal for me during the first trimester and I'm now 35 weeks pregnant. I didn't have even a whiff of nausea or sickness, just a bit tired and a bit of cramping/aching as everything settled in.

Good luck!

Jodie1982 Wed 05-Nov-14 10:56:07

Congratulations! With every one of my pregnancies my symptoms didn't kick in till about 8weeks, it then hit my like a freight train!! So don't worry you shall soon be feeling it.

Firsttimemum245 Wed 05-Nov-14 11:06:21

Thank u all very much. You have made me feel a lot better. I will enjoy this while it lasts!

StellaLuna82 Wed 05-Nov-14 11:36:39

Don't panic! I had absolutely no symptoms til about 7 weeks when I started to feel queasy and even then was only for a few days. Am 20 weeks now!

Lunastarfish Wed 05-Nov-14 14:57:53

I learned I was pregnant today and have had none of the common symptoms (except no AF) chronic heartburn though for the past two weeks!

bagofsnakes Wed 05-Nov-14 15:27:41

Congratulations! And enjoy this symptom free time, it may not last! With both my pregnancies sickness kicked at around 7-8 weeks.

Rubimeister Thu 06-Nov-14 21:05:34

What good thread. I am also 6 weeks ewith no symptoms other than very mild cramps. I had a mc in July at 12 weeks and had had tiredness and sickness and sore bobsbut as yet...not a sausage! Glad to hear others are the same firsttimemum245! We must have EEDs very close by. Mines June 30th xxx

purplefeathers Fri 07-Nov-14 09:23:06

I was the same at that stage and spent hours googling. I'd find posts from people saying they had no symptoms either, then they'd add something like 'apart from slightly sore breasts and slight nausea' and i'd be screaming at my phone 'Then you have symptoms! I have NO SYMPTOMS!'. With my previous pregnancies i'd had sore breasts and sickness but with this one i literally had nothing.

After I had my 12 week scan i started throwing up which was typical!

usernamefeefifoe Fri 07-Nov-14 09:52:56

Hi all,

I am 18 weeks and apart from sore boobs early on (8 weeks or so) I have not had any of the usual symptoms that women expect to have. I do sometimes wish to have something just to know everything is alright. I go to an antenatal yoga class where the first bit of the class is everyone up dates the class on how they feel and what's happening. All I ever can say is that 'there's nothing to report', it has taken me ages to have a bump as well but not it is now becoming nicely noticeable so if bump is growing and I am not having periods all must be well. You have to focus on the baby knows what it is doing and so does my body, sometimes we want to know more than what we need. Imagine how ladies managed before without the internet and esp mumsnet!

Hope everyone keeps happy and healthy. x

cheesecakemom Fri 07-Nov-14 13:09:33

Mine started at 7 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now