Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Newly pregnant and totally mixed emotions

(8 Posts)
Kathryn08 Tue 04-Nov-14 21:49:52

I've found out this week that I'm pregnant-two normal tests and a digital one are both positive. Going to the doctor to have it confirmed later this week, but am already feeling v tired and am having stomach pains that are a bit like pre-menstrual ones. I married a few months ago and this was planned, but I think we're still both in shock about how quickly it's happened! I'm also very nervous that I'm going to miscarry. And I'm totally overwhelmed by the huge responsibility this is going to be-it will be our first baby. On the other hand I'm in my 30s and have wanted a baby for quite a few years. I just wondered if it's normal to be feeling this way? Didn't think I'd have so many mixed emotions! Any chat from others who are either in my position, or can impart some ad u e would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mrsmcellers33 Tue 04-Nov-14 22:01:02

I found out I was pregnant a week (8 weeks gone now) ago after crying about everything and having the cramps. I've looked everywhere and it seems to be totally normal. The tiredness is a killer though! Hope you feel better soon x

Kathryn08 Tue 04-Nov-14 22:06:50

Thank you! I'm ecstatic, terrified, happy and nervous in equal measure. Another question I have is when do you tell people you're pregnant? We were planning on telling our parents this weekend, after I've been to the doctor. But I'm also meant to be having lunch with my closest friends this weekend (arranged ages ago), and think I'll have to tell them, as they'll guess straight away when they realise I'm not drinking!

LizzyBennet1813 Tue 04-Nov-14 22:32:04

hi! I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and felt pretty much the same when I first found out - shocked as it was our first try and were expecting to have a few negs first, terrified of the responsibility of growing a healthy baby and raising a child. also terrified of miscarriage, I expect to see blood every time I go to the loo! I think its normal. I've been really lucky so far and have only had queasyness and loss of appitite, no sickness yet! I'm hoping I've escaped but there's still time!
Tiredness hasn't been too bad either, most of the time I wouldn't know I was pregnant which is scary in itself as I'm worried I'll hurt the baby by not being more careful.
I've told my management team at work and my close friend but I'm waiting till I have a scan picture to tell my family as I want to make them all Christmas cards with the picture on it saying 'merry Christmas nan/grandad/auntie/uncle etc
congrats on your pregnancy!

Passmethecrisps Tue 04-Nov-14 22:36:03

Congratulations!

My experience sounds just like yours.

My DH and I planned to start a family almost immediatekt after getting married and conceived on our honeymoon. I was totally stunned and quite overwhelmed. I was also a similar soundinng age to you

We told both sets of parents together on Mother's Day as that worked but I was only 6 weeks gone. Everyone else waited until the scan at 12 weeks.

After thre initial shock and the werks of terror i settled into it fine and remember the middle to late stages very fondly.

Mumsnet was a total lifeline as well!!

Lunastarfish Wed 05-Nov-14 08:59:37

I found out today that I'm pregnant. It was TTC 2 so planned, but I was shaking this morning when I saw the positive!

mrsshinn88 Wed 05-Nov-14 09:22:00

Congratulations I'm hoping to have conceived too its normal to worry and be nervous x

kitkat321 Wed 05-Nov-14 09:42:17

Congratulations!! We also conceived much quicker than expected - after 2 MC's I was nervous when I fell pregnant again but also had very mixed feelings and was suddenly unsure if this is what I wanted.

I'm almost 36 weeks now and still sometimes feel worried about how our lives will change - I'm reassured by friends telling me that although things will change, it will be for the better smile

Re telling people - because of our previous mc's we didn't tell anyone until we'd had our 12 week scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now