Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy on implant

(3 Posts)
ashleydavies1098 Tue 04-Nov-14 20:16:45

Ok, I know the chances of being pregnant are 1 in 1000 or something but I have been googling this a lot in the past few days and I have realised a lot of people fall pregnant on the implant. Basically I am wondering if I should bother getting a test or not. I've been having regular sex with my partner (at least 3 times a week) and have started getting a few pregnancy symptoms. I've never really had periods on the implant just a light bleeding every 6 months which will last around 1 week. Anyway , the symptoms I'm getting is I'm always feeling bloated, hungry, tiered, occasional stomach pains, frequent discharge , I'm getting a nausea feeling but not actually been sick. I have been needed to go for a wee a lot more often but that could be because I've recently had cystitis. If anyone could give me some advice that would be amazing !! Just need to know if it's worth going to buy a pregnancy test or am I just going mad?! I've never been pregnant before btw
thanks everyone !! x

foxyfemke Tue 04-Nov-14 20:40:04

Only way to find out is to test.

Peaceloveandbiscuits Tue 04-Nov-14 23:24:18

The implant has a ridiculously small failure rate - 0.014% from a quick google!
The majority of failures are caused by incorrect insertion.
Some women get side-effects from the implant that are quite similar to pregnancy symptoms.
With all this in mind, buy a test and find out for sure whether or not you are pregnant. If you've had sex then there is always a possibility you could be pregnant - the only sure-fire way to avoid pregnancy is abstinence! However, the implant is one of the most successful methods of contraception available, so the chances are extremely slim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now