Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone got pregnant on mini pill?

(6 Posts)
WhoeverYouWantMeToBe Tue 04-Nov-14 13:53:54

After taking it correctly, i.e at same time every day, no runny tummys/sickness, no interfering medication, etc. I have been on the mini-pill for 6 months now and it stopped my periods straight away.
It unsettles me slightly not having any bleed as I'd have no idea if I ever accidentally became pregnant, which I really dont want at the moment. What are the chances?

Bustherb Tue 04-Nov-14 14:08:31

I think the chances are very very minimal although I do know a girl who did get pregnant even though she was the same as you. She didn't know she was pregnant until she was 10 weeks and had bad stomach pains due to an 'upside down' uterus. I guess some people are that 1% that do xxx

ilovepowerhoop Tue 04-Nov-14 14:26:57

I had no periods for about 3 years with the mini pill. Saved a fortune in sanitary towels/tampons!

jaykay34 Tue 04-Nov-14 16:04:17

I got pregnant on Cerazette and didn'y know I was pregnant until I was 15 weeks shock .

However, I got pregnant some time between Xmas and New Year when I was a bit lax at taking my pills. I didn't think I would get pregnant just missing a couple but I did so just take care to take your pill correctly every day.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 04-Nov-14 16:15:36

you can get pregnant just by missing 1 mini pill. There is a bit more leeway with the combined pill (depending at what point in the packet that you miss it)

Hurr1cane Tue 04-Nov-14 16:36:41

Yup. We were using condoms as well. He obviously really wanted to be alive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now