Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone else ever felt like this?

(12 Posts)
Boofsandboss Tue 04-Nov-14 12:52:45

im 9 weeks pregnant and feeling bit anxious today! scan is on 24th of this month and im just scared that ill go there and there will be no baby in my belly!! is it normal to feel like this? i want this baby so much and it just feels to good to be true confused

AnythingNotEverything Tue 04-Nov-14 12:55:32

Entirely normal. Are you slightly worried you've somehow made it all up?

I'm 7 ish weeks and sorting through my old maternity clothes. Still expecting it to all be a dream or some weird mistake.

AnythingNotEverything Tue 04-Nov-14 12:55:56

Due in June? Come join the antenatal thread. We're lovely grin

Boofsandboss Tue 04-Nov-14 13:11:27

i just feel like it is all in my head! i know im being silly. i just want to see and hear my baby in a couple of weeks! its dragging so much..

yeah due june 8th smile i will join thank you!!

redexpat Tue 04-Nov-14 13:32:20

Am in 2nd pg. Had massive anxiety during the first trimester. No idea why - 1st pg was pretty easy. It just sort of passed. I think the 12 week scan helped.

SunbathingCat Tue 04-Nov-14 13:37:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Psycobabble Tue 04-Nov-14 13:41:32

I was the same I remember ds dad been so excited in ye waiting room waiting for the scan and I was like " look just calm down let's wait for the scan first " 50% of me convince there would be nothing there despite horrific morning sickness 3 positive tests etc! Of course half hour later there I was sob in my heart out at the beautiful little bean wriggling about on the screen smile

I think untill you see a scan and hear that heartbeat it's normal to feel like it's not quite real! Xx

TheHermitCrab Tue 04-Nov-14 13:41:49

Even after my 10, 12 and 20 wk scans I could see baby bobbing about and dancing, but I felt completely separate from it all on the screen, I'd still leave thinking, "really? there's something in there?" I felt more activity when I had bad wind! lol

It didn't feel real to me until 25 weeks when I had regular and strong movement... but It still hits me that there's a little person in there. Strange ay?

Boofsandboss Tue 04-Nov-14 13:49:47

im glad im not the only one!! just 20 days to go!!

LittlePink Tue 04-Nov-14 13:52:18

I was the same. With dd I had a scan at 6 weeks because I had a lot of pain so I knew there was a heartbeat and she was in the right place but with this pregnancy I didn't have a scan until 12 weeks so I had no idea if anything was there or not. Was so relieved when he popped up on the screen as soon as the probe went on my tummy and the sonographer said "theres your baby". Phew! It was a lonnnngggg and worrying 12 weeks waiting for that scan!

Bustherb Tue 04-Nov-14 14:11:36

I feel the same too! I'm 5 & 2 and I feel like I've made it up even though I had a very strong positive test even though it was an afternoon test, I feel sick all the time and my boobs are killing. It just doesn't seem real! shockXx

m33r Tue 04-Nov-14 15:38:33

We tried for 20 months and I felt exactly like this all the way up to 12 week scan - cried a bit on the way there and did numerous tests in that 12 week period.

After the scan I felt overjoyed ... For about a week after which I went back to 'is this really true' until 20 week scan (only gained 4lbs which DID NOT help!).

Am now 21 weeks; less than one week past my last scan and can feel my baby boy kicking which offers me some reassurance ... Of course now I'm worried if I have too many or too few kicks!

I think all of this is normal!

Congrats! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now