Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction booked for tomorrow

(12 Posts)
BumpOct2014 Tue 04-Nov-14 10:57:02

I'm 41+1 and the hospital has just rang me to book me in for tomorrow hmm
I didn't really want to be induced but this baby shows absolutely NO sign of attempting to leave! I've had no show, Brixton hicks, anything sad

So, just after anyone's experiences as I'm apprehensive about it. Also, do I need to pack anything different in my bag? Not going to take bag with baby's things in when I go in as I'm aware it can take a while. I was planning to take book/magazines and some snacks but do I need anything else?
Really hoping things happen before hubby is sent home on the evening as I don't like hospitals and don't really want to be on my own sad

Poolbirthx2 Tue 04-Nov-14 11:03:33

Hi, i dont have experience of being induced, but like you midwife called me in the morning to book me in for induction the following morning, i had no signs of labour starting. I packed my hosital bag and went to bed that night and i woke at 3am with contractions and baby was born the following day with no intervention!
So you never know it may be tonight!
Good luck x

BumpOct2014 Tue 04-Nov-14 11:13:56

Thanks - I REALLY hope so!!

Going to go out for a walk soon and have ball to bounce on later - not that these have worked previously but you never knowsmile

NaiceNickname Tue 04-Nov-14 12:50:48

Good luck, you will be fine. I was induced at 42 weeks because I had no fluid left around baby. I would take the babies bag too, from induction to giving birth I had DD in my arms within 9 hours, but then I was put straight onto a drip to induce labour and not given anything before that.

It was my first labour and honestly, it wasn't bad at all smile

Bondy83 Tue 04-Nov-14 13:04:24

I was induced with ds2 it's really not that bad. I was 8.5hrs from having the gel to delivery. It tends to cut out all the long slow labour beforehand. Worst thing was the waiting around to get started off we went in at 8am but they didn't do the gel til 12.30 so get plenty mags in the morning have ipad charged up etc and have plenty of snacks especially for your partner as the hospital will feed you but not him. Good luck it really isn't that bad at all x

loudarts Tue 04-Nov-14 13:04:43

I was booked in for induction with dd2, at 1 in the morning before I went in my waters went and she was born 2 hours before I was due to be induced. Ds2 I had to be induced. I went in in the morning and was hooked up to a monitor for an hour. Had the pessary put in and was then monitored for 6 hours before being sent home as nothing had happened and told to come back 24 hours after the pessary had gone in. When I went back I had dilated enough to have my waters broken and gave birth a couple of hours later.

BumpOct2014 Tue 04-Nov-14 13:30:07

Thanks for the positive stories. Been for a nice walk along the coast, now going to sit on my ball for a bit and think labour thoughts grin

Fingers crossed labour starts before tomorrow.

sianilovesbeingamummy Tue 04-Nov-14 16:03:30

With my first i was induced at 41+3, i had the pessaries to begin with, ended up having 3 as nothing was working still!!!! i was getting strong braxton hicks but they would fade after a few hours. I walked around the hospital as frequently as i could with my OH but still not budging!!! By the 3rd day after induction i was taken to labour ward to have my waters broken and that did the trick, contractions came strong and fast...... wont go into detail about the actual labour but i have a very healthy and cheeky 3year old now...... everyone is different. The woman next to me came in a day after me, had her pessary and was taken to labour ward within the hour so some are quick others like myself like to prolong things..... even though you dont like hospitals you should find some comfort in knowing that you are in the best place and they are on hand for when littlen starts making an entrance.

Good luck for tomorrow

Poolbirthx2 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:57:33

Hi bump,
How did u get on x

cakedcrusader Fri 07-Nov-14 14:53:49

I realise I'm a bit late to this and you've probably had your baby already but I don't understand why they want to induce before 42 weeks confused You can say no if you'd prefer to wait.

cheesecurry86 Mon 10-Nov-14 06:38:14

Im 41 weeks ds was due 3rd nov i am trying to get a sweep first as i really don't want a chemical induction heard it's more pain ful , my lil one has no intention to vacate either ,proper fed up aswell x

cakedcrusader Mon 10-Nov-14 19:43:25

Cheesecurry anything from 37 - 42 weeks is considered a normal gestation. I know this bit drags but if all is well with the baby there is no need to be induced. Mws and drs like to talk about what they will and won't let you do but it is always your choice. If you don't want a chemical induction you don't have to have one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now