Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

almost 24 weeks and no movements at all :,( really scared!

(10 Posts)
jadeybaby87 Tue 04-Nov-14 09:10:48

Hey guys hoping somebody may be able to give me some reassurance please? I am 23+5 and have so far felt no movements from my little girl at all. I do have an anterior placenta and raised bmi but I am really scared. Her HB is always ok at appointments etc but the lack of movement is scary. Many thanks for any advice x

TheBooMonster Tue 04-Nov-14 09:16:04

Even with an anterior placenta you should be feeling movements by now, have you brought this up with your midwife? If not i'd give her a ring.

Swingball Tue 04-Nov-14 09:18:52

Phone the midwife today and get them to reassure you.

halestone Tue 04-Nov-14 09:25:09

My Dsis had a raised BMI and an anterior placenta, she never felt my DN move once throughout her pregnancy. A friend of mine was the same. Both babies were born at term and were very active. I've told you this to reassure you. However as well as telling you this i would advise you phone your Midwife today.

TheHermitCrab Tue 04-Nov-14 09:32:25

Not really something a message board can help with. You need to ring the midwife and get a scan in.

I have quite a high bmi but felt on/off movement from 18 weeks. Then from 24/25 weeks until now (29 weeks) they have a regular pattern.

My friend who is stick thin felt nothing until 30 weeks, but she went and had umpteen scans and check to make sure even though she wasn't feeling anything, everything WAS fine.

Get yourself checked out. That's what they are there for smile

Just ring your MW centre of birthing centre, explain you are 24 weeks (or at least close enough) and lacking movement, they'll have you straight in for a peek. All being well it's an extra look/hear of your little bubbah too! smile

magneticfield55 Tue 04-Nov-14 12:06:56

I would get checked out as well. Could be anything from positions to a quiet baby but I'm 25 weeks with an anterior placenta, high BMI and have had movements for a few weeks. Everyone is different but it'll put your mind at rest x

wawabear Tue 04-Nov-14 12:14:14

Did you see any movement at your dating scan?

I am too early to feel any movements yet but at the scan we could see the baby was having a right old rave.

I would speak to your midwife and see if she can organise a scan to put your mind at rest.

Jodie1982 Tue 04-Nov-14 14:22:44

Do speak to your MW. I'm 25+3 with baby no.5, have a High BMI and Anterior Placenta but felt my little fella move for a while now, all the time now. Have u not even felt the odd poke? Keep us updated.

Serephim Tue 04-Nov-14 14:39:54

I am 21 weeks, anterior placenta and high bmi and don't really feel baby until I lie down and am still. I agree that you need to speak to your midwife. Good luck smile

babykonitsway Tue 04-Nov-14 16:17:04

what movements are you expecting to feel? At 23 weeks I wasn't getting kicks yet, still the flipping and gassy feelings.

I bet you are actually feeling the baby, do you ever get what feels like gas bubbles or twitches?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now