Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

it's happening again isn't it? (mc related)

(7 Posts)
jellybelly701 Tue 04-Nov-14 06:21:03

I posted here yesterday when I found out I was pregnant again. I had received 7 positive tests. Very faint as AF was only due a few days ago but there was clearly two lines there even in bad light.

This morning I decided to test again. I had an unopened box of three, the same brand I used yesterday lunchtime. I used first morning urine (unlike yesterday) it was negative. as were the two remaining tests.

I had a chemical pregnancy just before I conceived DS. I started bleeding the day I got multiple positive tests and only got a negative three days later. This time I am not bleeding at all.

The fact that the only negative tests came from the same box is giving me slight hope that they are perhaps faulty? but really how likely is that? What do you guys think?

Iggi999 Tue 04-Nov-14 06:26:30

I'm sorry you (might) be facing this again. It's awful, the minute you see that positive test your hopes go through the roof.
You could get your Hcg levels tested by a doctor, but if the home test is negative I think they're unlikely to do it just yet. You will drive yourself mad if you're doing 7 tests a day! You need I think to just view it in chunks - that's my testing done for today, I'll test again tomorrow, and force yourself to do something else. If it does turn out that the pregnancy is unsuccessful, please see your doctor just so it is recorded on your medical notes.

jellybelly701 Tue 04-Nov-14 10:41:08

Thanks Iggi, the 7 tests were for DPs benefit. He was convinced that either I did the test wrong, wiggled the stick too much, didn't lie it down flat etc. So I produced positive test after positive test just to shut him up really. I'm debating picking up another test just to see if those were in fact faulty but then that might feel a bit like rubbing salt into a wound if that is also negative. So I will take your advice and wait until tomorrow.

I am going to be near our local midwife unit tomorrow, I might pop in and see if they can draw blood.

jellybelly701 Tue 04-Nov-14 14:38:16

iggi I couldn't help myself, I brought two more tests from a different brand. Both were positive. Faint but noticeably positive.

And breathe!!

MotherOfInsomniacToddlers Tue 04-Nov-14 14:40:12

Can you do a digital one to put your mind at rest?

Iggi999 Tue 04-Nov-14 20:54:35

How many days post ovulation are you now, if you know?

jellybelly701 Tue 04-Nov-14 22:16:36

About 18-19 I think so I fully expect tests to be faint at this stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now