Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any point in a 3rd sweep?

(10 Posts)
Bellyrub1980 Tue 04-Nov-14 02:28:00

I had one at 40w, and one at 41w. The second one was apparently really effective. I certainly bled a lot and was in pain for the whole pain. Still bleeding now actually.

Anyhoo, I'm seeing the MW again today (41+2) and she said I could have another sweep if I want.

My instant reaction is NO, because the last one was so painful. But part of me thinks if having a 3rd sweep brings on labour and avoids a chemical induction on Sunday it will be worth it.

Is there any evidence for having 3??

I bled a lot after the last one, there was blood all over the bed!! Is it wise to do something on purpose that will create this much bleeding again? Could it be harmful? Cause scarring??

Jodie1982 Tue 04-Nov-14 08:33:04

If ur happy enough to wait then just wait? Depends on how you really feel Hun, especially if it really hurt you on the last one, could you really go through it again?
My 3rd sweep worked, within a few hrs it all kicked in!

Bellyrub1980 Tue 04-Nov-14 09:07:42

It bloody killed!! But I've been consulting Dr Google and, like you, it does seem as though the 3rd sweep is pretty effective.

Think I'll see how I feel when I'm in the room. Don't think it will be my usual midwife.

Plus I really need to learn how to man-up in painful situations! This would be good practice??!!!

Jodie1982 Tue 04-Nov-14 23:51:18

How is everything? Baby still being stubborn?

Bellyrub1980 Wed 05-Nov-14 00:03:05

Ended up not being given the option of a sweep! (Secretly delighted)

But yeah, baby still in there!!!

Jodie1982 Thu 06-Nov-14 00:00:03

Hey Hun just checking in to see how u are doing?

Bellyrub1980 Thu 06-Nov-14 05:28:10

Still pregnant! Have been getting pain for the last 12 hours but not contractions. Just period pain/stomach ache. It's taunting me!!! So maybe something is happening... but probably not!!!

11 days overdue and frankly it's impossible to stop myself from thinking everything is a sign of labour.

Jodie1982 Thu 06-Nov-14 07:38:52

Early labour pain feels like Period Pain grin touch wood it'll happen soon then, bless ya. Xx

BumpOct2014 Thu 06-Nov-14 07:44:51

Aww Bellyrub I feel your pain
cake flowers

These babies really need to get a move on!

Bellyrub1980 Thu 06-Nov-14 09:39:43

The pain has now gone with a bath and paracetamol... So I guess it was just one of those things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now