Talk

Advanced search

37 weeks... think I have a vaginal prolapse. oh joy.

(5 Posts)
PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Mon 03-Nov-14 22:49:08

Tmi alert obviously (is there anything about pregnancy that doesn't need a tmi alert?).

I've recently noticed that sex is quite uncomfortable (and not because my bump is in the way!) And during the course of doing some perineal massage, dh mentioned that part of me, appears to be much lower down and closer to the entrance that it should be.

This is dc2, I had a vaginal birth with dc1, 4 years ago but everything healed fine and I've had no pelvic floor issues (and I've always tried to do pelvic floor exercises whenever I remember/or someone mentions the word).

Is this worth mentioning to my midwife? I was wondering if it had been caused by the weight of the baby.

Hi I'd mention it but if i remember correctly your cervix moves towards the vagina enterance either just before or in early stages of labour. I'm not sure if it moves downwards though.

DixieNormas Mon 03-Nov-14 23:19:38

I remember that with ds4, its all fine now but was certainly something, thought it might be baby pressing on the bladder or something

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Tue 04-Nov-14 16:44:35

I don't think it's my cervix, but I'll mention it to the midwife anyway. Hopefully it will all go back to normal when I've recovered from the birth... <crosses fingers>

Newlywed56 Tue 04-Nov-14 21:45:10

I thought I had this too! As I just felt something was down there, after a look by the midwife she said she seen it referred me to the consultant which after an agonising week of waiting said it wasn't a prolapse, just that because of the extra blood in your body and hormones etc it can become more swolen and therefore bigger giving the sensation of something being there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now