Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movements - worried sick

(3 Posts)
emmalouise1091 Mon 03-Nov-14 16:42:00

Hello I am currently 30 weeks pregnant with my first.

On Thursday night I went into triage because my movements have reduced drastically. They monitored the heartbeat and I had a scan on Friday.

I am now going back twice a week for the heartbeat to be monitored and they are saying everything is normal. I can't help but worry.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or anything similar.

RustyParker Mon 03-Nov-14 21:23:51

How have your movements been since your last scan / heartbeat trace Emma?

It's can be such a worrying time and to have a scare with feeling reduced movements puts you on alert. I take it the hospital have said everything with baby is progressing normally? Have you tried the trick where you drink a glass of cola (proper sugar-laden cola!)? This used to be guaranteed to wake my little one up and get moving which put my mind to rest.

Have you discussed your worries with a midwife? Just wondering if this incident has caused your aniexty (understandably) or if you have something deeper you are worried about? Not minimising at all, trying to think how to approach this concern and ease your mind.

I did feel reduced movement but sometimes i had worked myself up that I didn't notice them. I sat down for 30 mins and just tried to relax, sure enough once I was concentrating solely on the movments I started to actually feel them. When that didn't work I did call the midwife at the ante-natal unit and they woulld always tell me to pop down and get the once over.

Please call your midwife or pregnancy unit if you are worried. They would much rather check you over and reassure you than you sitting at home worrying.

Wishing you all the best. Keep us posted how you get on.

hollie84 Mon 03-Nov-14 21:28:39

I had reduced movements with DS2 for around a month at 30-34 weeks. I had heart beat monitoring and had a couple of scans to check fluid levels and the cord and growth. Conclusion was that he wasn't moving much, but everything looked good otherwise. I just had to try not to worry.

From 34 weeks onwards he moved more, though not as much as DS1 had. Born at 41 weeks a good weight and perfectly healthy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now