Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 weeks - pain in bump. Movements?

(2 Posts)
WorkingBling Mon 03-Nov-14 12:26:43

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow so plan to ask but am trying to work out how firmly I need to get them to think about this or if it's really no big deal.

This is my second pregnancy. I felt a few flutters fairly early then nothing - as you'd expect. However, I'm feeling what I THINK might be movements off and on now but the thing that worries me is that it's painful. I still get the stabbing pains of ligaments stretching etc which the midwife told me is quite common to carry on longer with the second pregnancy but this is different. It's like what I remember early movements to feel like, just sore instead of "fluttery". Does that make sense?

I just don't know whether to be worried or not. I do know from the two quick scans I've had after the 12 week (for unrelated reasons) that the baby is not in the traditional, easy to spot and feel position so I guess it could just be that she's moving around differently to how DS (AKA - text book baby in the womb) behaved. But it does worry me.

As I said, I'm going to ask at the scan tomorrow, but wondered how much I should be flagging it. Sorry this is so long.

Jodie1982 Mon 03-Nov-14 14:26:45

Best to ask a Doctor/MW Hun. Im pregnant for the 5th time and I've never experienced painful movements like that, not untill I was huge n baby was on my Ribs. Goodluck with your scan. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now