Talk

Advanced search

I'm having a baby *shocked face* 20 weeks

(4 Posts)
DontBeBlueBeARainbow Sun 02-Nov-14 12:35:25

By 20 weeks I guess I shouldn't be shocked, I've known since 6 1/2 weeks, but it's all getting a bit real...

I had a dating scan at 10+3, and had the usual 1st trimester symptoms, but due to one previous MMC immediately before this pregnancy, I just kept warning myself and warning myself to be cautious.

We had the 20 week scan yesterday and although I didn't see anything myself sad DH informs me that it's all there, fingers, toes and apparently a whole baby! My life plan is now centered around the arrival of this baby in 4 months time, but somehow I just can't quite get my head around it. I'm guessing quite a few 1st timers feel the same?

How do I get my head straight?

Sleepyhoglet Sun 02-Nov-14 12:39:16

My baby is due in 3 weeks and I'm in denial!

TinyMonkey Sun 02-Nov-14 13:24:34

Congratulations!

I am now 35 weeks after an mmc last summer, and I'm only really now beginning to believe that I will be having a a baby in a few weeks time.

It took me until the 20 week scan to start trusting in this pregnancy, and I didn't really buy much stuff until 25/30 weeks or so. You'll get there. Feeling regular movement was also a big help to me, but I think pregnancy (particularly after a loss) is just a very surreal thing full stop.

Maybe you could have a private scan as well? It seems a shame you didn't see anything on your 20 week scan, ours was really clear and helped me a lot.

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Sun 02-Nov-14 14:34:05

I'm not in the UK and they just didn't let me see the screen, had to lie down flat for the duration. Also DH wasn't allowed to speak so couldn't translate anything they were saying! Very surreal by itself...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now