Talk

Advanced search

Baby Shower...

(5 Posts)
Arkkorox Sat 01-Nov-14 18:46:49

Please feel free to move this if its in the wrong place!

My friend is throwing me a baby shower and has asked me to give her a list of people I would like to be invited..... Do I invite my partners mother and sister? I dont really get on with them and havent heard anything from them since they were told that were expecting...

I dont want to be rude but at the same time I dont want them causing issues or being nasty.

fattycow Sat 01-Nov-14 19:08:53

Are you asking your family? If not, don't invite them either.
I went to a baby shower recently and the pregnant lady was very surprised to see her mum, sisters, mother in law and sister in law all there. She had preferred just her friends being there.

Thehedgehogsong Sat 01-Nov-14 19:13:02

I had my mum and sister inlaws there. I picked a day I knew my MIL couldn't do... blush

It was lovely having them there, although the event as a whole was awkward and a bit dull, but I get on with them really well. If it's a bit awkward with them under usual circumstances, I'd not invite them.

TheWhispersOfTheGods Sat 01-Nov-14 19:19:24

I would - but then, my MIL and SIL are great.

If they have not been involved (or even asked after you etc) then probably less automatically!

Would it be awkward if they came, or just that you don't know if you want them there iyswim? If they are lazy with family interaction rather than unpleasant, I'd invite them - they may be wary of treading on toes or how much you want them involved. Lead by example, and set the tone of what you want the relationship to be - it may make them keener to be involved when baby is here.

If they cause trouble or are rude or arsey then sod that, no!

Arkkorox Sat 01-Nov-14 19:33:03

Well my partner has said not to invite them and that doing so would be asking for tears! ..... Guess they hate me then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now