Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks pregnant and feel sick, scared and no energy to look after other 2 toddlers. help

(6 Posts)
helloladies1 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:30:51

Is this normal?

muddylettuce Sat 01-Nov-14 21:09:34

Yes. I have one other toddler and hyperemesis. It's hell. Advice: leave housework to someone else if you can and try and relax your usual standards. If toddlers nap then you do too. Enlist family and friends to babysit so you can rest. Concentrate on eating what you fancy (sod healthy) and drink lots. Its not easy, I'm still trying to follow my own advice! Good luck. It will get better. Xx

helloladies1 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:27:40

I am afraid I am starting to neglect my toddlers. I had hyperemesis with the other 2 and I really want 3 to feel complete. I do not think I can do this if I feel like this already. Can the nhs help in anyway other than cyclizine. I have no family near me and husband has to work as do I. I feel so silly now wanting more kids. . . I feel I have made a potential mistake. I am totally overwhelmed by fear and nausea.

Queenofknickers Sat 01-Nov-14 21:32:51

I was in your position .... But 10 years ago - I just wanted to let you know that, although it reeeeeeaaalllly didn't feel like I would, I did survive and the children are healthy etc. what helped me was being signed off work but still sending toddler to childminder so I could rest/heave. Do you have childcare and sick pay? Xxxx

helloladies1 Sat 01-Nov-14 22:00:53

Yes there is childcare 3 half days a week is all I can afford. My work do not pay the first 3 days of sickness. I am just gagging and crying and am so dizzy. I will go to my GP if I become worse. Is it worth it? Please tell me u are happy with 3? I know there will be sibling rivalry. My 2 kids were playing so rough with each other today I had zero energy to stop them. I am extremely worried and frightened. This dark cloud has simply come over me this week. My husband tries to be understanding but he has no idea and he seems disappointed I am not happy to be pregnant and annoyed I am so depressed. Normally I am so happy. I need to be knocked out for a few months

Newshoesplease Sat 01-Nov-14 23:09:24

We have a hyperemesis support thread if that's any help?

I'm unable to care for my 2dc properly- I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my third. So I feel your pain! I'm having to rely heavily on friends for help and support. It's tough. Hugs to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now