Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TENS

(5 Posts)
GuybrushThreepwoodMP Sat 01-Nov-14 18:26:14

I'm expecting another back labour. Last baby wasn't back to back- that's just where I feel my labour pains (and period pains). Excruciating. Expecting the same again- that's just my body.
Did a tens help with your back labour? Any recommendations?

ALittleFaith Sat 01-Nov-14 20:55:42

I hired one (sorry don't know the make) and I had a back to back labour. I didn't think it was helping until I turned it off and immediately put it back on!

Bluesummer20 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:02:23

I hired a TENS machine but they also had them at the hospital. I was induced and had all my labour pains in my back,horrendous, would not have managed without tens and my DP rubbing my back!! Managed to get to 6cm with just the tens. Will definitely be using it again!

haventgotaclue1 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:09:41

I've hired one - it's a Mama Tens machine (recommended by the NCT classes I went to) and now I'm past 37 weeks I'm using it for an hour every day on the lowest setting as I was told that it works better if you get used to it before actual labour starts.

I hired it from the following website:http://www.mama-tens.info
They have a price match policy so I got it cheaper than the price they have here - I think I got it for £21.95 (which includes p&p) and covers a total of 6-7 weeks hire.

wakeywakeyteaandcakey Sat 01-Nov-14 21:11:15

No it didn't help at all. I didn't see the point. They had me hooked on this machine for hours and I was still in the same agony with or without it. I guess it works for some, but sadly didn't for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now