Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did your bump grow the most?

(6 Posts)
Happilymarried155 Sat 01-Nov-14 17:15:28

Just curious really! My bump seemed to grow really big really quickly and it's slowed down now, wondering if it will just carry on growing slowly or whether people sometimes have a few weeks where a lot of growth happens?

Bellyrub1980 Sat 01-Nov-14 17:56:22

Mine has received 'blimey aren't you small!!' comments all the way through but in the last week (I'm 40+6) has grown to be massive as if over night!! Have got away without stretch marks so far but if I go another week over I think they'll get me!!

Squidstirfry Sat 01-Nov-14 18:38:38

Mine had 'growth spurts' it sort of ballooned and then slowed, ballooned again, slowed again. It has stayed the same for a few weeks now i am 39 weeks.

Happilymarried155 Sat 01-Nov-14 18:43:06

I'm currently 26 weeks so I know I have a fair bit if growing to do, was just curious really! Sounds like I might have a few more growth spurts over the next couple of months-not that I mind! I love my growing bump smile

StetsonsAreCool Sat 01-Nov-14 18:47:52

I was going to say 'overnight' but that would have come across a bit facetious grin

Whenever I notice it's bigger,, it's always morning though. But I do have weeks where I don't seem to grow much, and then a couple of days where people tell me how big I've got (thanks for that...hmm)

Am 33 weeks now, and this has been happening since about 21 weeks, so I'm not tired of it at all!wink

chiruri Sun 02-Nov-14 15:49:31

Currently 29+6. Mine has definitely been growing in spurts, and it's usually preceded by a kind of crampy lower abdo pain (kind of like period pain) for a few days.
Biggest growth periods were between 19-21 weeks, and between 28-now. I literally went form being told I was so 'neat' to being told it looked like I was ready to drop within a few days! Terrified about how much I'm going to balloon over the next 10 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now