Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I just getting fat, or is this pregnancy bloating?

(3 Posts)
DonnaLlyn Sat 01-Nov-14 14:54:49

At week 8 of my first pregnancy, I have a noticeable belly pooch which can mostly be sucked in (which I hear means it is not baby bump). I assumed this was just because my stomach muscles are relaxed because of the pregnancy, and because of pregnancy bloating. Except supposedly that only happens at week 11.

Am I just gaining a bit too much fat? I'll admit I've not been eating as healthily as I should, but I have a slim body type, and though as I have gotten older I have more curves and so no longer look like a twig, I don't usually get chubby at all, and any extra body fat I have gained has taken months to show, and I have had to be really unhealthy even at that.

There's a chance I may have twins (as I was one myself), I don't know if this could cause bloating/bump at 8 weeks?

I just need to know, am I fat or is this normal?

OhMjh Sat 01-Nov-14 15:19:07

Completely normal. I had a definite bump at 7 weeks which eventually slowed down and I'm actually relatively small for 38 weeks.

blankfornames Sat 01-Nov-14 17:06:03

Don't worry! i had the same shape at 9 weeks that i had at 16 wks (though disappeared for a while imbetween). It's just bloating! Though v exciting if it was twins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now