Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Folic acid after 12 weeks?

(7 Posts)
smogsville Sat 01-Nov-14 09:34:28

Are you meant to keep going or not? Mine are the regular FA with vit D from Boots - the silver pot. Not taking any other preg vits as varied diet and not being sick.

All it says on the pot is that it's designed to 'support mother and baby through preg' with no mention of first 12 weeks.

Is there any harm in carrying on? I quite fancy a bit of vit D now the days are short and no sunshine.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 01-Nov-14 09:46:20

The midwife at my booking in appointment told me to keep talong it throughout the pregnancy.

Psmith83 Sat 01-Nov-14 09:53:17

Hey OP,
I have just bought the same tablets- was taking the Wellwoman ones, but I think they're a consumer conspiracy! I'm continuing to take the combo folic/vitD Boots tablets for vitamin D even though the NHS pregnancy website says folic acid is only necessary for the first 12 weeks. I understand folic acid can't hurt, however.

skyra13 Sat 01-Nov-14 09:53:17

Im taking them all the way through i take the Vitabioyics throughout all of pregnancy

wigfieldrocks Sat 01-Nov-14 10:30:28

There's no harm in carrying on. Folic acid is actually most important at the time of conception and the few weeks afterwards but will not do any harm to keep taking it. Don't pay through the nose for the expensive stuff though.

Sorehead Sat 01-Nov-14 13:20:55

I carried on taking my tablets throughout the whole of my pregnancy; my midwife advised that it was best to continue taking vitamin d. No harm in continuing with folic acid too smile

smogsville Sat 01-Nov-14 14:51:47

Thanks all. I bought loads in a 3 for 2 deal so quite happy to keep popping away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now