Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Had a really horrible dream

(4 Posts)
Pyjamaramadrama Fri 31-Oct-14 21:11:59

I'm not sure of the best place to post this as I hope it isn't a little insensitive.

I'm struggling a bit atm, sickness, fed up, relationship.

I had a really horrible dream last night that I had a baby boy, he was huge toddler size, I was breast feeding him and he was lovely and smiley then I realised he had a mouthful of adult teeth, then he started vomiting all this black stuff.

I must have woken up at that point but it was horrible, really stayed with me all day.

Just wanted to talk about it really.

EmbarrassedPossessed Fri 31-Oct-14 21:17:31

Pregnancy hormones produce the bizarrest dreams. They don't mean anything but can be really unsettling. Do you have someone you can talk to generally about things at the moment?

Hedgehogging Fri 31-Oct-14 21:32:08

Aw don't worry. Pregnancy dreams are the place where your mind plays out the most bizarre worst case scenarios. If you think back over the last few days you may find some benign explanation for what appeared, though often for me they were just nuts and inexplicable.

Shake it off. It honestly means nothing apart from your maybe being a bit anxious (and who isn't when upduffed?)

thanks

weeblueberry Fri 31-Oct-14 21:58:40

I totally understand this. Last pregnancy I had the most horrid, vivid dreams including one where I was walking in the woods with a toddler aged little boy who looked like me. I was crying and crying telling him I was sorry I couldn't look after him and then he walked into a light that appeared. I woke up absolutely bawling my eyes out and was petrified my body had miscarried and this was how my subconscious had processed it IYKWIM?

I'll probably never ever forget it (DD was born absolutely fine I should say) and it really really frightened me for a long time afterwards.

I never did tell DP about it actually but would this time round if I had similarly disturbing dreams. I hope you have someone you can chat to about it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now