Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I would like some reassurance please :)

(8 Posts)
Emilyjane11 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:08:20

Hi everyone,

I found out on Wednesday that I am pregnant. I am over the moon and very excited about it. But because I am only 5 weeks I have a long way to go until I know for sure everything is okay and I feel like I'm in limbo a little bit.

How soon is it until your first midwife appointment? I have rung my doctor who filled out a form on the phone with me and said to expect a call soon.

Did anyone else feel like this before their first scan?

Xx

VintageCherry26 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:25:23

I'm 7w1 day and still feeling like I'm in limbo! It's normal! My first MW appointment is on Monday but they're usually between 8 and 10 weeks I think! Time will fly by, just try not to worry (I know it's easier said than done!!)

BlinkAndMiss Fri 31-Oct-14 19:31:51

Congratulations! In my area the midwife likes to see ladies at 8 weeks but this might differ depending on where you are. It's totally normal to feel like this, I've turned 8 weeks today and it's felt like the longest wait ever. This is my second pregnancy but I've had a very early miscarriage in the middle so I think I'm worrying more this time around.

Once the midwife calls you will have your booking in appointment where your midwife will go over all the admin stuff but she will also help to alleviate any fears you might have. Take your folic acid and prenatal vitamins and try to keep yourself healthy, it's a worrying time and if the midwife feels that the anxiety is taking it's toll on you or that there is any reason to believe you should be worried then she can refer you for an early scan. If you feel like you need some support I'm sure the midwife will see you earlier than 8 weeks.

You're not alone in feeling like this, but the time does pass and you will know if everything is ok soon enough. It's awful to think something could be wrong, it's obviously a possibility but you have to remember that it's rare. I've been passing the time by Mumsnetting! I'm desperate for an early scan but there is no reason to think I need one so I'll have to wait another 4 weeks. I hope you're feeling less stressed in the coming weeks, I found that as the time passed the first time around the more confident I became so it might be that way for you too.

BlinkAndMiss Fri 31-Oct-14 19:32:24

Congratulations to you too Vintage!

croon979 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:32:49

I am 9 weeks pregnant and just got my letter for my booking in appointment this week. I will be 10+2 at my booking in appointment.

I have to say that I have known I have been pregnant since I was 4 weeks and I have found the last week fees excruciatingly difficult. It seems like such a long wait until you are officially acknowledged. Hang in there though, it is also an exciting time off you to share this secret with your DP smile

Congratulations and good luck for the next few weeks x

croon979 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:35:09

Fees?! Weeks!

Emilyjane11 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:53:18

Thanks for all your replies so glad I'm not alone. This is such an exciting time isn't it? I just wanna scream it at people hahaha x

VintageCherry26 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:56:15

It's SO exciting! I had to tell my closest friend. The plan was to wait until 12 weeks but I couldn't help myself!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now