Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Silly to worry?

(5 Posts)
HappyLucyLou Fri 31-Oct-14 13:36:41

I'm nearly 10 weeks pregnant with my second child. With my first pregnancy I started showing really early (around 10 weeks) so much so someone questioned me before my first scan if I was pregnant. I'm worrying myself because at the moment I'm not showing at all. I'm the same weight I was when I got pregnant with my first baby and all I've heard off everyone is how you tend to show earlier with the second baby - but I've got nothing. Am I just being completely over the top? I seem to be worrying so much more with this second baby. All the sites about babies development are saying by 10 weeks you'll probably find your clothes are tight etc but I'm not getting that. I know every pregnancy is different and everyone is different but should I be concerned???

Mummywithlove Fri 31-Oct-14 15:04:17

i didnt show with my second baby till i was 6 months smile,, ur worring over nothing! your baby is round about 1 inch long!! that small.!! grin

Burmama Fri 31-Oct-14 16:32:01

Agree w PP, I never read that you're supposed to be showing at ten weeks!! That's nuts. I didn't at all until at least 20

croon979 Fri 31-Oct-14 19:42:07

I think some women suffer from bloating badly in the first tri but not all. No one would be showing proper baby bump at 10 weeks but quite often there will be a lot of bloat. Wouldn't worry.

smogsville Fri 31-Oct-14 22:27:06

It's different for everyone. On the days that I'm feeling bigger I think maybe it's time for mat jeans, then the next day my normal ones feel fine again. I'm 15 weeks with DC2. Just eat normally and healthily as your appetite dictates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now