Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel ill with tiredness, this can't be normal.

(7 Posts)
yougotafastcar Fri 31-Oct-14 09:49:30

I'm 21 weeks pregnant. I'm so tired I feel sick. I've got a headache that lasts for days at a time. I really don't see how being so tired is normal in the second trimester.

My last pregnancy wasn't this bad and I was working a 40 hour day with a 2 hour daily commute, in a nursery! Now I have 2year old DS but he is fairly easy & I feel awful that I don't even have the energy to play with him.

Please tell me if you feel like this too!

flanjabelle Fri 31-Oct-14 09:53:12

I would get your iron levels checked. Get in touch with your midwife to arrange a blood test. Hope you feel better soon.

TheHermitCrab Fri 31-Oct-14 09:55:48

I'm 28weeks, I've been falling asleep since 12weeks and nothing changed. Iron levels perfect, I'm "low risk" not a problem (medically) whatsoever... yet I'm always in pain, and always tired! lol

I guess sometimes we just don't glow.... smile

Graciescotland Fri 31-Oct-14 10:04:26

Also might be worth pushing for liver function tests, I had this and my alt was elevated. Can cause extreme fatigue. Pregnancy hormones can cause liver problems. There's not a lot they can do but oddly I felt better knowing there was a problem and I wasn't just being a wuss.

yougotafastcar Fri 31-Oct-14 10:32:34

Thanks for the replies, have midwife on wednesday so will mention it then

babyblabber Fri 31-Oct-14 11:00:13

I'm nearly 27 weeks on number 3 and last week I was so tired one day that I actually thought my body wouldn't cope & I'd go into premature labour! I can't describe it but I just felt horrific! I'd had a fairly busy week with one very long day so that didn't help.

Since then I've started taking iron (haven't had levels checked but my doc always advises it anyway, wasn't coz if fear of constipation but I decided that was the lesser of two evils!). I'm also consciously going easy in myself, making easy dinners, planning less activities for the kids, going to bed at 9/10pm. I feel guilty that I have less energy for the two kids I have but I'm growing their sibling so tough!

Have felt a million times better this week, still tired but it's manageable.

RetroHippy Fri 31-Oct-14 12:41:13

28 weeks and been shattered since the start of term (teacher). The only times I've not felt utterly exhausted have been school holidays. Full time work drains me. Tbh, being off work just means I'm able to nap freely!

7 weeks to go till mat leave!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now