Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So bloated! Help!

(9 Posts)
JessicaRabbit1980 Thu 30-Oct-14 20:24:10

I'm 5 weeks, 5 days pregnant and the last few days I've felt closer to 5 months pregnant. I'm SO bloated, none of my clothes fit, my belly is sticking out of the water when Im in the bath like a huge island.
I was about a stone over my ideal weight when I got pregnant so I was already in my 'fat' clothes.
Problem is that I've not told my family, friends or colleagues at work. Only my husband and boss know. So I feel like I'm in hiding! But I look pregnant!!! My belly is outing me! I know it must be bloating because the baby is smaller than a pea right now!
Is there anything that can reduce bloating safely? I'm scared to exercise because I didn't really do much in the months before I got pregnant but I'm so uncomfortable. sad
Any tips?

HaroldLloyd Thu 30-Oct-14 20:25:49

I was very bloated early on. It does pass. Not sure what if anything you can take though sorry.

cowbiscuits Thu 30-Oct-14 20:36:24

This was me a few weeks ago! I posted about it a few times. It drove me mad, I looked proper pregnant really early.

Things that helped:

If you are constipated drink lots of water, v light exercise like walking helps.

Avoid very big meals, try to eat little and often.

Other than that, wait it out. I'm 15 weeks now and its got better over the last few weeks, although I have a real bump now.

JessicaRabbit1980 Thu 30-Oct-14 20:53:45

I wouldn't mind if it was a real bump, I would stick it out with pride! I just don't want to have to tell anyone until after the scan. I'm going to have to buy some clothes a couple of sizes up tomorrow it's getting desperate! I really hope this passes! It's not too bad in the morning but by 5pm...wow!

HaroldLloyd Thu 30-Oct-14 21:02:59

I remember having to tell someone when I was only 7 weeks with ds2 becasue I looked about six months pregnant, it was ridiculous!

Wear tunicy things and leggings.

It does go promise. Then you get heartburn! grin

JessicaRabbit1980 Thu 30-Oct-14 21:08:30

I think that's the problem, I normally wear tea dresses and fairly close fitting things. If I dramatically change my dress-sense to tunic type stuff I will out myself anyway.
I'm also very uncomfortable. Plus people at work are starting to wonder why all my dangerous clients have been shared out among them so I'm sure there is speculation. I just really don't want to tell anyone yet - my best friend miscarried at 7 weeks last weekend so I'm paranoid that something will go wrong for me too.

JessicaRabbit1980 Thu 30-Oct-14 21:09:31

I think I'm just naturally a 'bloater'. I'll be a whale by 9 months sad!

pippinleaf Thu 30-Oct-14 21:39:19

If you're taking prenatal vitamins, stop the ones with iron. I switched to folic acid and regular vitamins without iron and immediately de-puffed and felt like a normal human again.

Chunderella Fri 31-Oct-14 08:25:04

Are you me? I was just the same, and nothing worked! Wasn't constipated- the exact opposite, actually- and wasn't eating that much either. Couldn't even manage to glug down water like I usually do because I'd bring it up again. By the time the bloating went, the bump had arrived. I am currently 25 weeks and look more like 35. As you say, some of us are just naturally bloaters. There are women who have delicate little bumps. And then there are women like us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now