Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

bleeding on and off and loss of pregnancy symptoms

(4 Posts)
gakay Thu 30-Oct-14 10:32:57

Hi. I'm 7w today and can't stop worrying. I started bleeding at 5 weeks (bright red blood and clots) for 4 days and had an early scan which showed gestational sac which may be a bit smaller than expected but was told pregnancy is all fine. Bleeding stopped for a few days but then at 6 weeks I started bleeding again (lighter than last time and no clot) but it has coincided with complete loss of pregnancy symptoms. Luckily I have another scan booked next Monday but I can't stop worrying that I've had a mc. I've read that bleeding can be normal and so as loss of symptoms but how about both at the same time? And it's loss of ALL symptoms. Can anyone give me a sense of hope? Promised my OH I would stop worrying and stop looking online but just can't resist.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Thu 30-Oct-14 10:34:46

Can you get a scan earlier?

kitkat321 Thu 30-Oct-14 11:02:23

Another scan is really the only way to tell. Many women do have bleeds early in their pregnancy and preganancy symptoms can come and go.

I'd see if you can get an early scan or get your hcg levels checked to see if they are increasing or not.

gakay Thu 30-Oct-14 18:52:12

Thank you for your replies. I can't get an earlier scan so will have to wait till Monday. Never thought being pregnant could be so stressful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now