Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Car accident yesterday, scan tomorrow at 7 weeks 1 day

(13 Posts)
PregnantAndEngaged Tue 28-Oct-14 12:29:26

I had a car accident yesterday, I went to A&E and they said that I should be fine but have booked me in for a scan tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what a scan would be like at 7 weeks+1 day pregnant. Would it be vaginal or would it be a normal scan?

Can you hear or just see the heartbeat at 7 weeks?

ToAvoidConversation Tue 28-Oct-14 12:32:39

It will most likely to be vaginal. At that point I could clearly see the heartbeat and limb buds moving. Have you had a vaginal scan before?

My personal experience of having a fair few scans is that none of them hurt!

I hope you and your baby are OK. At that point they are still well within your pelvis so try not to worry too much!

PregnantAndEngaged Tue 28-Oct-14 12:38:04

Oh, that's sweet smile I hope I can see some movement too!

I've never had any scans before, this is my first pregnancy. Is the vaginal scan uncomfortable or do you not really feel it?

With vaginal scans can you actually see things then or is it just to hear the heartbeat? (can't imagine how it would be possible to see anything through the vagina!)

kitkat321 Tue 28-Oct-14 13:54:48

I had an abdominal scan at 7 weeks - it was really clear and you could see the strong hb.

MrsCK Tue 28-Oct-14 14:11:03

mine was vaginal at 8 weeks although they tried abdominal first. didn't hurt at all!

TwigletFiend Tue 28-Oct-14 14:13:23

You can see a little blobby bean type thing. You may or may not see the HB at that stage, tbh! It depends on a variety of factors. You won't be able to hear it.

The scan isn't really uncomfortable - less so than a smear, in my opinion. Like all such things, try not to tense up!

divingoffthebalcony Tue 28-Oct-14 14:13:46

I had an abdominal scan at 7+2 and it was really clear. Could see and hear the heartbeat.

TwigletFiend Tue 28-Oct-14 14:15:38

^I stand corrected! Nobody even made an attempt to hear HB at my early scan - in fact, not until 16 weeks. Apologies!

cheshirem2b Tue 28-Oct-14 14:29:08

I had a scan at 7/8 weeks and it was a normal abdominal scan - could see baby and strong heartbeat (and I was surprised because I've got a high BMI so thought they would have to do internal)
Hope your scan goes well.

divingoffthebalcony Tue 28-Oct-14 14:48:46

Mine was a private reassurance scan to be fair, Twiglet. I doubt the NHS would go to as much trouble!

ToAvoidConversation Tue 28-Oct-14 17:56:28

I didn't hear the heartbeat. I'm about to go for my 20 week scan and still haven't heard the heartbeat although I have heard the blood flow in my placenta! Although no-one has tried since 9 weeks.

rubyboo2 Thu 30-Oct-14 10:50:13

I had an early scan at the same 7wks +1 and i didnt need a vaginal they could see him fine with a normal scan . He looked like a jelly fish and we could see his little heart beating :-) .

ToAvoidConversation Thu 30-Oct-14 13:49:47

OP how did it go?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now