Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it safe to have the anti-D injection a week late?

(9 Posts)
Passthebiscuitspls Thu 23-Oct-14 09:53:29

Hi,

I've got an appointment for 28 weeks (in 3 weeks) to have my anti-D injection, my whooping cough vaccine and bloods taken. I can't make this appointment as I've already arranged something but would obviously re-arrange if I had too.

My question is: is it still ok to have the injection a week later at 29 weeks? Does it make a difference or does it have to be spot on 28 weeks? I'd rather change the appointment to the week after but I just wanted to ask whether you can do that? I can't get hold of my midwife to ask the question.

Thanks in advance!

j200 Thu 23-Oct-14 11:41:02

I had mine yesterday when I was 29+1 so it must be smile

PlumFairy2014 Thu 23-Oct-14 12:41:31

I was a bit late with mine and had it at 38 weeks! So I don't think it'll be an issue.
I asked when I got there and she said before 38 weeks was so the immunity was passed on, she joked I need to hold on 2 weeks.... I'm overdue, but at least it should have worked.

Ryslady Thu 23-Oct-14 13:41:28

When I had my son 8 years ago it wasn't standard practice to have anti D when pregnant, just post natal so never had one. I've got mine booked for 11 November when I'll be 30 weeks so must be okay.

xx

stupidlittlegirl Thu 23-Oct-14 13:46:03

What is anti d?

Passthebiscuitspls Thu 23-Oct-14 14:43:04

Brilliant! Thanks girls!

Stupid you have an anti-D injection when the mums blood type is negative as the dad's blood type could be positive and that could cause problems with crossing bloods with any future children you have.

I'll change my appointment now, thank-you!

PlumFairy2014 Thu 23-Oct-14 19:05:25

Oh just to clarify I meant the Whooping vaccine at 38 weeks! But it sounds like it's fine after 28 weeks anyways! blush

Maxis1 Sun 26-Oct-14 15:43:12

My GP recommended the whooping cough between WK 28-32 and my consultant wants to do the Anti-D at 32 weeks. So eiher mine are totally off or you should be ok with a week later ;)

Passthebiscuitspls Fri 31-Oct-14 20:37:42

I re-arranged with my midwife and she said she can do it at 29 weeks, that's apparently fine! Just wanted to say in case anyone else needed to know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now