Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else got a 12-week scan this week?

(43 Posts)
flopsybunny45 Sat 11-Oct-14 19:46:10

Hi all -

My 12 week scan has finally come round... It's this Monday.
Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat?
I have been lucky and had far less symptoms with this pregnancy (my 2nd).
However, I am now inevitably worried that I'm not pregnant!

Just keep reminding myself that there's only a 1% chance of missed miscarriage :-o

Good luck for all those scans this week.

x

Schlobbob Sat 11-Oct-14 21:30:12

Hi! Mine's on Thursday, was the Monday but I moved it so DS2 will be at preschool. Had a private scan at 9w so we could tell our two boys but not feeling much different - symptoms very mild apart from the tiredness but sickness wise its been far easier than the other two.

I'm sure everything will be fine for you!

flopsybunny45 Sat 11-Oct-14 22:27:15

Thanks Schlobbob...

I do feel it's come round so much quicker than it did with DD1... I guess I've just been focusing on her toddling about the place! Haven't wanted to jinx it, but I guess after Monday I should start thinking about how I can manage two little monkeys! How old are your boys btw? Cannot have been too bad if you're going for DC3! x

Dolly87 Sun 12-Oct-14 12:09:51

Hi there I have my first scan on Tuesday, I'll be 12 weeks on Thursday according to my calculations. I've never been so worried or anxious in my life! Please tell me this is normal? I've had quite a lot of nausea and lots a wee aches and pains but still worried something will be wrong. I know this sadly happens and reading others stories has been really heartbreaking. Good luck for yours tomorrow xx

Fitzers Sun 12-Oct-14 12:50:40

I think it's totally normal Dolly. I had a scan at 8 weeks and all was well but I was scared it wouldn't be. I'm 12 weeks next week and even though I've already had one scan I still worry. I am quite an anxious person though so I think that's why I'm so worried.

flopsybunny45 Sun 12-Oct-14 18:43:58

Think it's normal Dolly, I thought I'd be better at this second time round, but I did have a 7wk one with DC1 so guess I was a little reassured having already seen a heart beat. SO little symptoms this time...although DH doesn't agree!! Goodness knows how our mothers coped with no scans at all!!

I'm 12 weeks on Wednesday as far as I know, so will be interesting to see if all is fitting those dates... Gosh, good luck everyone. x

Alby16 Sun 12-Oct-14 19:17:56

I have my first scan tomorrow, this is my first pregnancy and I have to say I feel a little anxious that something is wrong... For no reason other than reading some heartbreaking stories online which seem to now be stuck in my head. Actually can't wait to get it over with which is quite sad isn't it??

flopsybunny45 Mon 13-Oct-14 12:35:47

Phewf... the wait is over for us. One healthy looking sausage. :-)
Our 13mo did not look too impressed though :-o

It is bigger than I thought by a few days...even though I absolutely know when everything occurred. So 26th April here we come. Eeek.

Alby16 - good luck if you haven't had it yet. I am now thankfully another of those online stories with a positive ending. Symptoms and bloating suddenly disappeared at around 7 weeks, even did a half marathon in a decent time two weekends ago and the sausage is JUST FINE.

Baby luck to everyone with their scans this week.

xxx

smogsville Mon 13-Oct-14 12:43:14

This is the thread I've been searching for. Scan on Thursday. Terrified I've imagined it all and there will be nothing there. Cos that's rational.

Flopsy that's great news, congratulations.

Alby, best of luck today if you've not had it yet. If it makes you feel any better this is my second and I'm a ball of nerves all over again. 3yo DD happy healthy everything normal etc.

Schlobbob, good luck hanging out until Thurs, feels like an age away doesn't it. Wish I'd had the sense to organise a private one too but somehow never got around to it.

flopsybunny45 Mon 13-Oct-14 12:55:46

I managed to get to 23 pregnancy tests pre scan, last one only done yesterday, ha! Was SO convinced I was not pregnant. DH was going mad.

smogsville Mon 13-Oct-14 14:43:49

I'd seen so many negatives in the six months we'd be trying for DC2, once I got one positive one I thought it was probably time to stop…

Got massive boobs and I'm exhausted by 5pm every day but still terrified I will go into the scan room and be told off for not actually being preggo and DH will think he's married to a total nutter.

When you think about it it's quite weird that they just take your word for it and book you in without making you POAS for them.

JaneLouiseT Mon 13-Oct-14 19:19:23

My first scan is on Wednesday and I am mostly excited but of course I worry that something will be wrong or there is no baby at all (even though my symptoms tell me there is!!)

Dolly87 Tue 14-Oct-14 04:58:23

Lovely to hear flopsy smile it's 5am and I'm wide awake. Scan not until 3.15 so got a while to wait eeeek xx

Chachah Tue 14-Oct-14 12:12:59

Scan on Friday... terrified, as with my first pregnancy the 13 week scan discovered a mmc. Went on to have DD1, but I still can't get it out of my head that bad things do happen, even when they're very unlikely.

flopsybunny45 Tue 14-Oct-14 21:33:59

Aw poor you Chachah... that is awful. Fingers crossed. Hope all went well Dolly and good luck for everyone else!! x

Chachah Wed 15-Oct-14 15:53:52

thanks flopsy, glad it went well for you!

smogsville Wed 15-Oct-14 17:29:08

Good luck for Friday Chacha and so sorry to hear you had to go through that.

Mine's tomorrow 11:15 I will report back.

flopsybunny45 Wed 15-Oct-14 19:02:49

Good luck Smogsville! Looking forward to hearing good news :-) x

smogsville Thu 16-Oct-14 09:42:54

Do we need full bladder for this one? My letter says not...

smogsville Thu 16-Oct-14 14:26:58

Hi all, pleased to report it went well, for some reason at uclh they do a v in depth scan lasting 45 mins so we got to see loads of stuff. Managed not to get emotionally and weep. Downs combined tests all came back within the hour as low risk too. So relieved it's over. Good luck everyone who's still waiting.

flopsybunny45 Thu 16-Oct-14 21:09:40

Well done smogsville- fab news! Due date?! X

smogsville Thu 16-Oct-14 21:36:20

Thanks Flopsy. 22nd April.

JaneLouiseT Fri 17-Oct-14 08:37:43

Had my scan on Wednesday and it was so Amazing, the baby is fine. So lovely to see my baby is really there!!! I am waiting for blood test result to see my downs risk but the fluid behind the neck is in normal range. I am 40 so was pretty scared something would be wrong. I am overjoyed and seeing how excited my dp is is indescribable. This is my first pregnancy and he has a 3 year old daughter

ladylala28 Fri 17-Oct-14 09:18:10

Had mine wednesday and its my first. Im over weight and had sooo many worries! But all is ok and baby would sit still lol

smogsville Fri 17-Oct-14 09:55:49

Same here lady! And he/ she kept holding her hand over her face and 'waving' so took ages to check palette, facial features and so on.

Nice one Jane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now