Talk

Advanced search

baby Shower Gifts

(14 Posts)
ShannonPerkins001 Mon 08-Sep-14 10:35:35

Hi there everyone, how was your day? Today, one of my friends invited me to her baby shower and the first thing that comes up in my mind is the "gifts". For you who have their baby showers, what are the gifts would you prefer for the first time mom? I have no plan to check her baby registry because I want to give her a gift that comes from your suggestion. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

LBNM19 Mon 08-Sep-14 11:29:59

It's quite difficult really I had a baby shower with my first and had mostly everything got a lot of clothes I didn't really like. Sounds u grateful but everyone has there own taste, a friend recently had hers and I got her a comforter, light for the wall that also makes noises mothers hb etc and a blanket, they are the sort of things id like to receive xx

Mistyautumn Mon 08-Sep-14 12:13:27

To be honest I would look at the registry. I would rather get something I needed. Xx

DizzyKipper Mon 08-Sep-14 13:07:40

Personally I'd look at the registry too, I'd rather make the parents happy getting something I know they wanted than risk something they might not like.

iwantittobepink Mon 08-Sep-14 13:58:19

My sister threw me a surprise baby shower 2 weeks ago that I knew nothing about. She had written a gift list on Mothercare of things she knew I didn't have and things in the themes I love as I don't know the sex of my baby. I don't think a single thing was bought from the list, but, everyone commented on how lovely it was to know what sort of things I liked and went out and bought things they chose but in the themes I liked, so why don't you have a look and see. My sister had also written gifts were unneeded and on the invite had specified that, so some people came without and it didn't bother me one bit as it was just so nice that everyone got together to chat and eat! smile

Homepride1 Mon 08-Sep-14 16:03:16

I had mine on Friday, one of the best gifts I got was a basket filled with, baby bath, wipes, cotton wool, nappy sacks, jug for washing baby hair, tiny nail clippers, baby toothbrush, teether, rattle toy, pack of nice biscuits and big bar of dairy milk, maternity pads/breast pads etc

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Mon 08-Sep-14 18:53:02

A basket with calpol, ibuprofen, colief, gripe water, dentinox, bongela, teething salts, these are all things needed a few mths on in the middle of the night post vaccine or teething baby and you don't have any to hand smile

ShannonPerkins001 Thu 11-Sep-14 02:21:21

Thanks! I will check her baby registry. So excited! I'm hoping that I could pick there an item she will like the most.

beverlyjefferson8 Mon 24-Nov-14 08:14:40

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

SarahLDixon00 Wed 03-Dec-14 14:55:33

Hello. I have a list of baby gifts here which I like the most. You can choose from here. Baby wipes, baby powder, baby clothes, baby lotions, baby thermometer or baby backseat mirror.

dayspringjubilee Wed 03-Dec-14 15:02:07

I knew I was having a shower but didn't want people to spend a lot on gifts, so asked everyone to buy their favourite picture book and write a note to the baby in the front cover. They also signed onesies! I know that people will get me baby stuff in the next few weeks and tbh I would love mothercare or John Lewis vouchers, or nice pajamas/robe for the hospital. Also, my sister makes glass ornaments from impressions of babies' hands and feet, and they are the most beautiful kits - she sent me two as a gift, and I have them in Flipper's hospital bag because I want to immortalise his/her little hands and feet the very day of the birth smile I think there are a number of impression kits you can get depending on what medium the mother would like. My sister's are here, they make gorgeous Christmas ornaments. pinkiesandpiggies.com/

cantmakecarrotcake Wed 03-Dec-14 15:34:24

A present for Mum? For imminent DD2 my work colleagues bought me vouchers for a local beauty salon. I just treated myself to a pedicure (can't reach) and facial and it was divine!

Having said that a first-time Mum will want/need more baby things.

What about vouchers for a coffee shop? Sometimes you just need to get out but coffee's not always an option on mat pay.

RhubarbCrumble1 Wed 03-Dec-14 19:36:36

milestone baby cards. Loved them. good baby shower gift because you need fthrm from first day.

Threeplus1 Thu 04-Dec-14 00:36:27

I'd personally love a gift that was all for me... Fluffy slippers for the hospital, some of the forbidden foods that I couldn't have in pregnancy like wine and pate and Brie, a pack of posh biscuits, a good book etc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now