Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

snuzpod... any experiences?

(30 Posts)
kitkatkaty87 Tue 12-Aug-14 19:02:15

We are looking at getting the snuzpod as a bedside crib as i like the idea of it and it seems like a good one.
has anyone got any experience of it? Any good?
Thanks in advance!

lilyblue5 Tue 12-Aug-14 20:01:27

I've bought one...

I can't review it's usefulness yet as I'm patiently waiting for baby to arrive any day now.
But...
We put it up at the weekend, with two of us it took less then 1/2 an hour.
It looks absolutely beautiful and is really well made. Bought the mattress and bedding too.
Mattress is chemical free and smells very natural. Bassinet comes off really easily and I can see myself using it around the house and for travel etc. Also a decent size (but not too huge) so can see us using it for a while. I bought it from the NCT website.

Can't wait to put baby in it smile

Bellyrub1980 Tue 12-Aug-14 20:18:58

I've bought one too but baby hadn't arrived yet! I already love it, seems to have all the best features of all the other bedside crib options in one. And is also the most reasonably priced. We put ours together the other day and it's such good quality. We got ours from littlegreensheep as the price was the same but they offered free next day delivery. Maybe NCT do this too but they wouldn't let me bit anything from their site as I couldn't remember my login password and they didn't ever send me a new one despite me requesting it. When I complained they basically responded with 'oh well' and absolutely no solution. The only way I could buy something from them now is to put my partners name as it won't accept mine. Pretty frustrating!!

Can't wait to get a baby in that crib smile

kitkatkaty87 Tue 12-Aug-14 21:02:09

Thanks guys. Please update me once your babies arrive too! X

j200 Tue 12-Aug-14 21:37:46

Watching as i'm considering buying this too xx

Missingcaffeine Tue 12-Aug-14 22:11:16

I just ordered one after doing lots of reading up on previous mums net posts. I definitely wanted a co-sleeper and like this one best - seems like best price, it's the only one that rocks, it looks lovely, it is also quite useful as a travel cot, carry cot etc.

I got mine from this website as seemed to have best prices at the mo at £149:
www.mamanatural.co.uk

CatFaceCrayola Wed 13-Aug-14 00:38:53

Following as I've been eyeing up these/bed nests/chicco next to me cribs

dorasee Wed 13-Aug-14 00:55:46

Can't recommend a 'Sleepyhead' pod for daytime use around the house. Baby naps and relaxes on the kitchen table, the floor, in the garden, in my bed with me... all in the safety of his Sleepyhead bed. I will post a link.

dorasee Wed 13-Aug-14 00:57:35

PS... I know it's got nothing to do with co sleeping, but it's just one of those things that has made my early days with our youngest much, much, much easier.

lentilpot Wed 13-Aug-14 01:13:17

I have a snuzpod for my two week old son and so far it's been amazing! The fold down side makes it really easy to transfer him in and out in the night when he's asleep (the fishtub crib in the hospital made this really hard). We spent the night at my mum's and just took the top for him to sleep in.

Our bed is really high so there's a bit of a drop between our mattress and his, which I worried about before ordering, but actually it works nicely to keep it as "his" space even with the side down.

It does rock, however it doesn't rock very easily on our thick carpets, which is a bit of a shame. It also doesn't rock if you strap it to the bed.

It's beautifully made - we have the espresso finish and it's gorgeous. It's nice and long, so plenty of growing room!

Any questions let me know.

Bellyrub1980 Wed 13-Aug-14 02:50:36

Do you have to strap it to the bed lentil?

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Wed 13-Aug-14 04:44:59

My 6 week old is currently sound asleep in hers.

We leave the side down all of the time because the zip wakes her up but also means I can just reach over and give her a pat and a squeeze if she's restless. The side is uncomfortable to lie on so we have it covered with a blanket and I lie on it. I have no concerns at all that dd will be able to get out although that might change as she becomes more mobile.

We haven't strapped it to the bed, I wanted to be able to move it around but actually haven't done that at all yet.

I think it's a great bed, we didn't have it for dd1 and ended up co sleeping and I much prefer the SnuzPod!

lentilpot Wed 13-Aug-14 04:53:10

We don't have it strapped to the bed as it's squeezed in between the bedside table and the bed. I think it would depend on your flooring whether you needed to strap it or not. It comes with normal straps and divan straps (even though it stays you buy the divan straps separately!)

kitkatkaty87 Wed 13-Aug-14 07:27:40

Thanks everyone. Think we will definately buy it. It seems like only good things people have to say about it. I like that the top is portable too for staying at parents house etc.x

Happ2 Wed 13-Aug-14 08:56:03

We used the Bednest and love it. Saved us a lot of money as we rented it. NCT rent them as well as Bednest. x

NoMontagues Wed 13-Aug-14 11:08:40

My 5 day old has just woken up in his Snuzpod! It's great, I love it and baby settles well in it.

I haven't strapped it to the bed yet as I've really just been using it as a bedside crib for now, so I haven't really been unzipping the wall, but it's lovely to just look over and be able to see DS through the mesh panel.

The only thing I would say is that the "rocking" feature is a bit of a stretch, it does rock a tiny bit, but to get a decent rock you really need to put your feet on the base frame. Sorry, it's hard to describe but suffice to say you can't just reach out of bed, grab the edge of the crib and rock it.

Other than that I'm delighted with it- I'm in Ireland and it was €270 (everything is more expensive here) which works out as 214 gbp, and I still feel it was well worth it grin

charlibot1 Wed 13-Aug-14 12:08:56

Had the SnuzPod with my little one and loved it! As everyone above has said it's a great design and looked really nice as well as being really sturdy, unlike the moses basket I had with my first. I attached it to my bed with the straps which pulled it in tight and secure and then just carried the bassinet downstairs or to my mums during the day. We took the bassinet big on holiday with us too as although it is big we just packed loads of stuff inside it in the car and baby slept really well as it was her usual space. It was great that the wall zipped dopwn and I just left it down most of the night so that i could easily reach in. Very sad that she has now moved to her big girl cot but one good thing about SnuzPod is that it can be used on its own as a crib so we moved the whole thing in to her room first so that she got used to the new room but in her same bed. I got mine direct from The Little green sheep website (http://www.thelittlegreensheep.co.uk/Furniture/Bedside-Cribs/) but think you can get lots of other places. Would highly recommend.

kitkat321 Wed 13-Aug-14 12:23:27

Oooh I'm considering one of these - or the chico next to me- not because I'm overly fussed about having a co-sleeper but I want something that has adjustable height as we want to ensure it's quite high so that the dog can't jus stick her nose in.

I think the bednest can be raised higher than the other two but not much difference between that and the Snuzpod!

blamber Wed 13-Aug-14 13:21:42

I just ordered one! Got some money off so only paid £173 for crib plus the mattress. Does anyone know if its best to get the mattress protector too?

I chose the snuzpod because of the mesh sides. I didn't like the wooden sides of the bed nest. I also liked that you can take the crib part downstairs for the baby to sleep in. I tried it out in the shop and it seems really sturdy.

It's suitable to attach to divans too. I think the maximum height is 57 cm, which is exactly the height of our divan with really thick mattress. I can't wait to get the crib and set it up!

JimmyD85 Wed 01-Oct-14 10:51:40

Blamber, I bought a snuzpod directly from the little green sheep who recommended a mattress protector as the mattress that comes with the snuzpod is completely natural and doesnt have waterproofing. I actually bought one of their bedding bails which had protectors, fitted sheets and blankets...all organic smile

catg83 Tue 18-Nov-14 08:30:34

I am 40+5 today and have my snuzpod all made up and ready but am wondering about positioning. I want to strap the base to our bed so it is essentially a Co sleeper. Those of you that have used the snuzpod where do you have yours? Right at the top of the bed? Hip height? Boob height?

Can you tell I am looking for things to do?!?

moggle Tue 18-Nov-14 09:04:17

I have a bednest but this may still be useful... DD is 6 days today and came just before her due date- the bednest was up but not attached. It's only last night I've actually wanted to attach it as with a few stitches it would've made getting out of bed pretty difficult. So needed the gap to start with. She wouldn't sleep in it til the night before last anyway.
I haven't pulled her into our bed yet- boobs are too hard still to feed lying down- but just being able to lay a hand on her seems to soothe her. Also after feeding there's a low light on and she just watches me until she drifts off. I had the side half up at one point and she fussed until she could see me again. Really pleased we got it!!

moggle Tue 18-Nov-14 09:08:01

Oh- I have a narrow bedside table turned round 90 degrees at the head of the bed, which is about 30-40cm, then the bednest starts. End of the bednest is at about mid thigh level. Maybe lie there and try it in a few positions? Note though, As she's so tiny and we're using a blanket (so she's feet to foot) her head only comes halfway up the cot but actually it's the perfect place to just put my hand on her without having to awkwardly stretch my arm up.

misog2000 Tue 18-Nov-14 09:20:37

I have the Chicco next to you crib but I'm using it in the same setup as you moggle with my bedside table turned side on. I have my DD sleeping the other way round to us (head pointing towards our feet) as when she was little it meant she was near my head as the Chicco is quite big, and now she is a bit bigger (8 weeks) it makes it much easier to pick her up to feed without manhandling and waking her up too much. The co sleeper is the best £150 I've spent on baby stuff, I would imagine that's the same whichever one you have.

catg83 Tue 18-Nov-14 09:31:57

moggle and misog - thank you. That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I hadnt considered having him facing another way or how far down he will be as feet to foot. Thanks again. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now