Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Does anyone else's baby not move at all while you're sleeping?

(19 Posts)
Heatherbell1978 Wed 25-Jun-14 22:48:24

Just that really. I'm 32 wks and have a pretty active baby (no previous pregnancies to compare to mind you) and although sleeping is getting a bit uncomfortable, it's not because baby is keeping me awake. In fact at night he doesn't move at all. I feel the odd squirm when I change position but nothing drastic. It's panicked me sometimes but then in the morning he rouses and starts moving when I'm up. Everyone I've spoken to either says this is strange or I'm blessed but I keep reading stuff saying thus is when he should be most active. Anyone else?

MildDrPepperAddiction Wed 25-Jun-14 22:55:36

DS and dd2 didn't move much/at all at night. Don't worry smile

Casmama Wed 25-Jun-14 23:19:12

I am never kept awake by my baby but dont assume that means he doesn't move. Am 38 weeks and sometimes think, he hasn't moved for a while and then focus on it and find he does move quite a lot but I often only notice the big ones unless I'm paying attention.

allisgood1 Wed 25-Jun-14 23:22:55

My baby wiggles all over when I first go to bed then goes to sleep and as far as I'm aware stays like that unless I move in the night. First thing I do in the morning is panic until I feel her move...which can take a little while!!!

mssleepyhead Wed 25-Jun-14 23:26:12

Mine doesn't move much at night but wakes up around the same time when I do at 6.30. Between bed time and then if I wake up in the night he's very still and "quiet". Enjoy it whilst it lasts!

Mummymidwife87 Thu 26-Jun-14 04:18:06

My baby has never kept me awake at night. I do wake to squirms, and my partner has said he has had his hand on my bump and felt baby have a proper wriggle and I'm out for the count

hubbahubster Thu 26-Jun-14 07:34:51

How would you know baby wasn't moving if you're asleep?! He probably is, just not violently enough to wake you up!

squizita Thu 26-Jun-14 08:34:15

I feel gentle movements when I'm awake at night (I have always slept in 1-2 hour 'blocks' with a wake of 20-30 min in between) but nothing that keeps me awake. I dare say she's moving but just gently.

Hasle157 Thu 26-Jun-14 09:08:56

My baby is a big sleeper! Baby has never woken me up at night.I rarely feel much movement when lying down and doesn't have much of a sleep pattern either. Some days he/she wriggles all day and some days, he/she likes a long snooze. They're good at keeping us on our toes! Hope this eases your worries.

nugget05 Thu 26-Jun-14 09:15:31

Nope my baby never kept me awake and he was very active, I never felt him move at night especially towards the end. I don't know if it's because he wasn't moving or I was so exhausted that my brain chose to ignore it. I only worried when he'd stop moving during times I knew he should be wriggling. He's kept to his little schedule now he's out and is currently fidgeting like a menace smile at night he wakes for his feeds but doesn't really cry and stays quite still (lucky me grin).
If you get concerned about movement slowing down or stopping you can go to the hospital and get checked, they won't mind and it's better to be safe than sorry

SandwichBag Thu 26-Jun-14 09:38:16

My little fidget has never kept me awake at night - her favourite playtime is during meetings at work and then she gives all my colleagues a full show (im 30 weeks)... but like others have said, often my partner has come to bed late, cuddled up to me and felt her moving a lot, so I know she still does it, just is very thoughful and doesn't wake me up... lets hope she continues once she's born!

Heatherbell1978 Thu 26-Jun-14 20:44:30

Thanks everyone! I haven't ruled out that he's dancing away while I sleep through it but I'm waking fairly frequently at the moment (every time I turn...) and whenever I do, nothing. I kind of hope it's a sign he'll sleep through the night!

Buffy81 Thu 26-Jun-14 21:17:12

I am 32+4. Mine is quiet at night very active during the day. I also somtimes find thast if bubs has been extremally active dfuring the day, more than normal, then bubs will hsve a quiet day the next day. Unless movement is drastically reduced during the day, I wouldn't worry to much, butg for price of mind, give your mw or maternity unit a ring

Missvaughan85 Thu 26-Jun-14 21:23:34

My husband came to bed late last night and I could feel him put his hand on my belly, after a while I asked him what he was doing. He said seeing if baby moves whilst your asleep. She does move, but I'm fast asleep and don't realise.

laylz Mon 11-Jun-18 21:37:16

I'm 22wks and haven't felt baby move in a couple days had the same with last pregnancy so I don't know if I should worry or not, tried most methods to get them moving and still nothing

Stephisaur Tue 12-Jun-18 08:24:46

@laylz the general advice is to call your midwife unit if baby's movements change, so I would do that.

Heatherbell1978 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:00:12

Neither of mine moved in the slightest at night. I'd often wake in a bit of a panic in both pregnancies and start prodding around to wake baby up. I convinced myself it was because they were going to be great sleepers....they weren't!confused

Heatherbell1978 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:01:37

Just realised I replied to my own thread I started years ago!! How weird is that...

AKP79 Wed 13-Jun-18 13:18:05

Haha that's funny. I was just reading it because I have the same with this one, it seems to sleep at night.Gutted to hear it's not an indication of how well they sleep!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: