Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ugh why am I so fat already?!

(14 Posts)
Bangonthedoor Wed 11-Jun-14 22:56:06

So only 6 weeks pregnant with #2 and am literally so big and bloated already! My tummy is sticking out like I'm 20 weeks! Is this normal? I don't remember this with my first. Did anyone else experience this with subsequent pregnancies? I feel like I need some bump bands already blush

Cardinal Wed 11-Jun-14 22:57:04

Your tummy muscles are weaker this time round so the bump gets bigger faster! Sorry!

arghhelpme Wed 11-Jun-14 23:03:04

With my 2nd my belly was huge to begin with and I ended up buying maternity clothes, it evened out after 1st trimester though and somehow I managed to fit into my normal size 10 jeans at 30+ weeks.

I thought the same was happening with this pregnancy as I seemed huge early on, this time it's due to being pregnant with twins.

squizita Thu 12-Jun-14 07:22:11

I had a lot of gas in the 1st trimester, I was swollen with it! Could it be that? Deflatine is fine to take when pg.

squizita Thu 12-Jun-14 07:22:17

I had a lot of gas in the 1st trimester, I was swollen with it! Could it be that? Deflatine is fine to take when pg.

Scoobsmam13 Thu 12-Jun-14 07:45:16

I am now 10 weeks with DC2 and had the same. It actually has settled down now and I am not as big as I thought I was a few weeks ago. Pretty sure mine was all down to bloating. Never had so much gas in my life blush

Lozmatoz Thu 12-Jun-14 08:54:11

I was really bloated at first, had terrible diarrhoea for 3 months but all subsided and I looked and felt less pregnant. It's just those mad early hormones and will probably settle down.

confettiwoman Thu 12-Jun-14 11:53:19

bangonthedoor you're not the only one. I'm just past 5 weeks and already have a bump, but i syspect its all air/wind as i'm belching enough to give shrek a run for his money!

Bangonthedoor Thu 12-Jun-14 12:23:51

Ahh thank you all for your comments. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

I don't feel particularly windy just heavy. I'll look forward to the next trimester then smile

Bonniebaby777 Fri 13-Jun-14 21:25:05

If it's any consolation, me too and I'm a first timer so didn't expect to be. I think I'm about 7 weeks (to be confirmed by dating scan), but feel bloated and puffy all over with a big bloaty belly. I'm not gassy or constipated (sorry to be TMI!) and I haven't been eating a lot, so I'm guessing it's just water retention. On the plus side, boobs! grin

Bonniebaby777 Fri 13-Jun-14 21:26:35

p.s. thinking about it, my main craving is for salty foods, that probably explains some of the water retention.

Bangonthedoor Sat 14-Jun-14 21:19:59

I've never thought about that before bonnie about the salty food and water retention thing. Makes sense I suppose!

My tummy is literally growing by the minute but I'm going to embrace it as think this will be my last sad bring on the biggest bump!

htbftm Sat 14-Jun-14 22:47:04

I got big quick and it is common after your first. They do say weak muscles are largely to blame and bloating before the real baby bump arrives!

Alita7 Sat 14-Jun-14 22:56:08

This is my first but I had a mmc before and found I bloated out massively until about week 10 when the bloat decreased and then my actual bump started to form. Now I feel huge at 19 + 2 smile but you can tell the difference as you probably remember from number 1, the lower bit is sticking out lots now it's a real bump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now