Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Holiday insurance

(9 Posts)
LucyB1 Thu 03-Apr-14 12:40:38

Hi, I am going to Rome when 32 weeks pregnant and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good insurance company. I'm aware that most of the medical stuff should be covered by my european card but what about delayed flight home etc...?

MissHobart Thu 03-Apr-14 12:58:01

Place marking, fingers crossed I will be about 16 weeks when going on holiday in the summer, was also wondering about insurance!

Hopefully some knowledgeable ladies will be along soon! smile

aroha77 Thu 03-Apr-14 13:52:47

I went with Debenhams in the end because they have a section about pregnancy which I couldn't find on others (was just booking online the day before we flew though so my research might not have been as extensive as it could have been!!)

Nades84 Thu 03-Apr-14 14:02:45

I also used Debenhams when we went to New York when I was 10 weeks pregnant last September. They cover for everything pregnancy related without paying any supplements and also cover the usual stuff too. Have a great trip smile

Misty9 Thu 03-Apr-14 14:10:55

I used cheaptravelinsurance .com as they were one of the only ones who'd cover me to fly at 33wks. Check the small print on any policy very carefully as most will only cover 'complications' after 32wks, which doesn't include premature birth if less than 11wks before due date.
Apparently the post office also cover you, as does ravenhallgroup insurance.

Enjoy your trip smile
Oh, and get a fit to fly certificate regardless of whether the airline says you need it; I was asked for one at Valencia and luckily had it (despite easyjet telling me I didn't need one).

ohthegoats Thu 03-Apr-14 14:22:23

I went to Columbus. It just added £6 to the original quote. I'll be 15 - 17 weeks when we're away.

eurochick Thu 03-Apr-14 14:24:19

I have annual travel insurance as an add on to my bank account (HSBC). I'm travelling at 19 weeks, 22 weeks and 26 weeks pregnant and have checked with them that I am covered and I am.

Misty9 Thu 03-Apr-14 17:31:46

I found most policies will cover you up to 28wks - it's after that it gets difficult!

FoxHugs Thu 03-Apr-14 17:42:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now