Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

28 week growth scan....what does this mean?

(2 Posts)
shim1 Thu 03-Apr-14 11:44:23

Hi there,

I have just had my 28 week scan today (I am actually 27 weeks). Had this extra scan due to hypertension before pregnancy. I have a question regarding the growth scan report. There is something that says "Umbilical Artery Dopplers performed, with EDF present in both arteries. A:B rations = 2.9 & 2.5"........does anybody have a clue as to what this means please? also, on the growth chart it showed the 10th and 90th percentile and my little one was not touching the 10th line, but above it...is this okay?

MrsM2013 Thu 03-Apr-14 14:09:08

It means your little one is growing within normal range (not in the top or bottom 10 percent of babies) and the umbilical artery is functioning properly so baby is getting enough blood.
EDF stands for end diastolic flow- the fact that this is positive means that blood is always flowing to baby regardless of whether your heart is in contraction or relaxation phase.
Not sure about the ratios though.
Did you see a doctor after your scan?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now