Talk

Advanced search

Triumph over a virus (sorry- long!)

(8 Posts)
FoxHugs Wed 02-Apr-14 23:52:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ItsSpringBaby Thu 03-Apr-14 00:16:17

Sorry to sound like a Debbie Downer but most viruses are self-limiting. You didn't really do anything that wouldn't have happened anyway.

Jellymum1 Thu 03-Apr-14 00:19:45

however good food vitamin c and keeping hydrated is always good! try manuka honey in cooled boiled water with a slice of lemon for a sore throat. works for me every time.

FoxHugs Thu 03-Apr-14 00:52:08

MissHobart Thu 03-Apr-14 02:12:41

Paracetamol also works to reduce fever, it's not just a painkiller, might help for the future. smile

I'm glad you're feeling better OP! grin

squizita Thu 03-Apr-14 10:18:14

Not a chemical in sight!

That ship has already sailed for some of us who are on pretty heavy duty pharms to keep our precious cargo safe, and very happy indeed to be medicated. smile

I do the same as you with colds though - plenty of drinks and rest basically.
I don't bother with paracetamol because to be quite honest, it doesn't touch me anyway! But then again I've had what was eventually diagnosed as a lung infection and dragged my sorry arse into work so I might just be acclimatized to feeling rough.

It sounds like you are very anxious about things though Considering the info on the net about fevers that come with most common illnesses, it's effects on the unborn baby, I was paralysed with fear. Don't worry, pregnant women are very prone to colds and a couple of days with a sneezy fever WON'T hurt your baby!! smile Sustained terrible flu has a slight risk - but a cold, unfortunately, appears to be part and parcel of winter pregancy.

FoxHugs Thu 03-Apr-14 10:38:34

eurochick Thu 03-Apr-14 15:56:40

I agree that viruses are self-limiting. I had an awful one when I had nausea too so I couldn't contemplate healthy food. It still cleared up in a few days without any meds.

Hydration and rest are what you need. Paracetemol if there is a fever or a lot of pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now