Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Toddler shoved oot in lower stomach are

(8 Posts)
Nononon Wed 02-Apr-14 19:22:27

I have recently found out I'm pregnant and my toddler (about 28lbs!) just crawled all over me while I was sitting in a chair and shoved his feet into my tummy (very low down) as he was doing so. Feel a bit achey now.

I realise at this stage there's nothing I can do about it. Just hoping for some reassurance really hmm

elfycat Wed 02-Apr-14 19:27:42

You will be fine. There are layers and layers between the foot and the new baby (Congrats!) including the thick muscular wall of the uterus and as much fluid padding as the baby needs at this point. The body is clever.

How far along are you? If you have any concerns, pain or spotting I would contact OOH for advice but otherwise you need to sit down with a drink and be lazy for the next half hour (toddler depending).

NakedMum33and3rd Wed 02-Apr-14 19:27:53

I'm 38 weeks pregnant with a 2yr DS. I have been punched kicked hoofed jumped on! Baby is fine! Well protected in there xxx

Nononon Wed 02-Apr-14 20:05:46

Thanks for the replies. Literally only about 5 weeks!! Oh god i'd forgotten the horrible worry of being pregnant. I become an irrational crazy woman when pregnant (totally normal the rest of the time honest!!) blush

TarkaTheOtter Wed 02-Apr-14 20:09:43

Your uterus will still be tucked into your pelvis at 5 weeks so completely protected.

Nononon Wed 02-Apr-14 20:17:27

Also what's an oot?! confused

elfycat Wed 02-Apr-14 21:14:36

OOH? Out Of Hours medical care, so dial 111, or the emergency GP.

Nononon Wed 02-Apr-14 21:18:23

No sorry Elfycat - I just noticed i'd written oot in the title instead of foot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now