Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early Pregnancy Anxiety

(5 Posts)
ToonLass Wed 02-Apr-14 18:46:45

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but feeling a bit anxious so thought I should seek advice from like minded people!

I'm 10weeks pregnant and have just had my booking in appointment with my midwife. The reason I'm anxious is that although I did 4 pregnancy test when I suspected I was pregnant (@4weeks) and they all came back positive, I've had no symptoms or signs other than no periods.

Has anyone else been symptomless for this many weeks??

Unfortunately I live in a very rural area and they don't do any scans (will have to travel 3hours for my first scan in a couple weeks!) so they can't even put my mind at ease by doing an early scan.

This is my first pregnancy and I fell pregnant very quickly so perhaps still finding it hard to believe it!

Any advice or experience would be appreciated smile

nc060 Wed 02-Apr-14 19:38:59

apart from being tired I was 12 weeks before anything and even then have only been sick the once. im currently 18 +4 had a fab first scan and fairly certain everything is going smoothly xx

mylittlemonkey Wed 02-Apr-14 19:53:57

Try not to worry. My sister had no symptoms with all her pgs and a friend of mine was also symptomless. I only had a few mild symptoms and even if you read the official advice they do say some women don't have many symptoms.

ToonLass Wed 02-Apr-14 20:36:48

Thanks or the replies smile

I think my anxiety is accelerated by the fact i had to let people know I was pregnant very early on, due to the type of work I do.....as a result I have had to change department to something less physically demanding and will stay there for the remainder of my pregnancy. I'm terrified that I go for my scan and it turns out that I have lost the baby or even not pregnant at all...it means that everyone at work would know sad.

I know I should be enjoying this part but there's so much going on in my head!!!

Pinkandwhite Thu 03-Apr-14 03:19:13

Hi toonlass, congratulations on your pregnancy. I was also very anxious in early pregnancy. I think it's quite normal to feel that way. Although I haven't been lucky enough to have a symptomless pregnancy (honestly you are lucky) I know tons of women who have not had any symptoms and they all have healthy babies/healthy children. Please don't give yourself a hard time for not enjoying pregnancy at the moment. I really do think a lot of women are too nervous before 12/14 weeks pregnant to enjoy it. It's very likely you'll start to relax and enjoy it after your scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now