Talk

Advanced search

Eczema and Pregnancy!

(5 Posts)
Emzzy26x Wed 02-Apr-14 13:01:21

I have suffered from terrible eczema since I was born mostly on my hands and feet... Im 22... im now 8 weeks pregnant and its cleared up drastically! Only a fee dry spots here and there but apart from that nothing! Anybody else found this?

ithoughtofitfirst Wed 02-Apr-14 13:39:01

You'll be the epitome of health while you're pregnant. It's not the same for all women mind! But you're prob one of the fortunate ones. Most of my pregnant friends and myself were blooming but i did have a friend look dreadful for 9 months. She was still a babe, but she would even admit it herself that she didn't look 'herself'.

Enjoy it!

Becky2208 Wed 02-Apr-14 17:35:57

I also have severe eczema - to the point that the next step in treatment for me would been immuno-suppressant medication. I'm now 25 weeks pregnant and although it's not completely gone, it's way better than it's been in years! I just hope it continues!

MammySam Wed 02-Apr-14 20:14:27

Hi
I hope is will apply to me! I have bad eczema and have also had t all my life. It's changed over the years and now lucky old me it's mainly on my neck and face... How glamourous is that?
I'd love mine to clear up, even if it is just for a few months!!
Last pregnancy I was having an unusually eczema free time but it made it come back! Going back to work after the mat leave brought it back with a vengeance and I've been stuck with it ever since (4 yrs since back t work)
Fingers crossed I get the opposite effect this time!
Hope it lasts for you x

AlwaysDancing1234 Wed 02-Apr-14 20:17:15

I have eczema and ichthyosis and both cleared up dramatically during pregnancy, lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now