Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reading up on things to do before baby arrives, make me giggle

(19 Posts)
Londonlady76 Wed 02-Apr-14 11:27:14

I'm 38 weeks and reading up on final weeks of pregnancy.

"Make sure you can do things that you won't get chance to do once baby is here"

The cinema lol your having a laugh I can't even get through 30 mins of Corrine let alone a movie without needing to pee really bad.

Plus I'm struggling to keep my eyes open at the best of times.

Need a food shop in but I can't even be bothered to get in the car and drive I feel as tho I will fall asleep at the wheel.

onepieceoflollipop Wed 02-Apr-14 11:29:05

I think you are meant to be cooking lots of nutritious meals for your freezer, best get on with it ;)
(no idea why, M&S sell thousands, and the shops will still be open once hour baby is born!)

vestandknickers Wed 02-Apr-14 11:34:35

Enjoy going to the toilet by yourself! It'll be another three or four years before that happens again! grin

ArtFine Wed 02-Apr-14 11:34:57

Londonlady, I don't want to come across mean but it gets ALOT worse when baby is born. Honestly go to the cinema now even if it means having to go for a pee in between.

Londonlady76 Wed 02-Apr-14 11:44:30

Don't worry art fine in haven't gone in to having my first baby thinking I'll be at the cinema every week I'm fully aware my life will change....it was only meant to be a light hearted post lol

WhatsTheWordHummingbird Wed 02-Apr-14 11:46:46

Some cinemas do baby friendly screenings. Adult type films but a but quieter with a bit more light so as not to wake or annoy a newborn. Apparently very good and can go along knowing noine will judge you if the LO cries or pukes.

onepieceoflollipop Wed 02-Apr-14 11:49:32

Londonlady, by theway meant to add hope all goes well for you, bet you can't wait to meet your baby smile

Londonlady76 Wed 02-Apr-14 11:55:00

Whatsthewordhummingbird, i did not know that. smile thanks

Onepieceoflolliepop I can't every period cramp I think yessss this is it....but it never is lol was totatty scared about labour still am but can't wait for it to happen now. smile

Londonlady76 Wed 02-Apr-14 11:56:03

Totally I meant lol

Sweetpea86 Wed 02-Apr-14 12:05:04

I agree with you london lady I'm also 38 weeks the peeing is bad enough but I've got SPD sitting in those cinema chairs would be painful.
Even going for a walk these days isn't the nicest experience.
Just rest and look forward to baby coming soon smile

mandbaby Wed 02-Apr-14 12:12:09

My advice to anyone pregnant with their first baby is to sleep as much as you can, lie in bed until lunch time whenever possible, and have as many "chill-out duvet days" reading loads of magazines. You'll never get the chance to do these again. Even if you get a babysitter, there's always a million and one other things to get done before you'd even consider just lying around doing nothing all day.

Also, if your budget allows it, get away for a holiday/long weekend with your partner. I really miss weekend city breaks with my hubby and would give my right arm to do this now as long as I could have my arm back when I got back from my little holiday!

peeapod Wed 02-Apr-14 12:27:17

get internet home shopping set up... for the price of a taxi your shoppings all delivered.. highly recommended..

cardamomginger Wed 02-Apr-14 12:30:26

Sleep like your life depends on it. Enjoy a lie in. Have breakfast in bed. Hell, have ALL your meals in bed!

cardamomginger Wed 02-Apr-14 12:31:07

YES - to internet shopping. Amazon Prime was a flipping God-send.

cardamomginger Wed 02-Apr-14 12:33:07

If it is your kind of thing and you have the cash to spare right now, things like pedicure, manicure, get your hair done, pregnancy massage.

GoooRooo Wed 02-Apr-14 12:40:02

Go out for dinner LOTS before the baby is born. We haven't managed to go out in two years since DS arrived.

I have also given up reading trashy magazines as I don't have the time so lots of long baths with terrible gossip mags are on the list to do pre-baby.

CrispyFB Wed 02-Apr-14 16:19:22

I would say not to sleep! Because I did before DC1 was born, and found the transition to sleepless nights horrendous. Never had the chance to catch up on sleep when DC2 was born and barely noticed..

prettywhiteguitar Wed 02-Apr-14 16:23:23

The only thing with going out to dinner when you're so pregnant is that you can't fit it all in, too much baby in the way !

squizita Wed 02-Apr-14 16:48:14

I find the advice to 'lie in' infuriating tbh. I have to wake up 6am every day to do my medication (and then off to work most days) so it just makes me feel like I'm going to crash and burn. Very glad Crispy suggests my lack of sleep might help! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now