Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight loss after birth

(10 Posts)
Londonlady76 Wed 02-Apr-14 08:59:12

Just that really how much did you lose straight after birth. I've gained a stone more than I should of and I'm a little worried.
Last 3 weeks I've gained 11 pounds although I've had a few meals out with friends I don't no how I gained so much that fast 38 weeks. In that time I started to swell on my feet and hands. So could be a little water retention.

I know the baby, placenta etc will add to that.

I plan to bf so I know not to do any silly dieting and plan once baby is born to lose weight purely by walking with pram rather than using the car.

Londonlady76 Wed 02-Apr-14 09:00:43

I meant to put I'm 38 weeks I've gained 33 pounds overall and my BMi was already high at 30 :s sad

Foxeym Wed 02-Apr-14 09:35:26

I put on 3.5 stone in my pregnancy, I always do. Dc3 is 5 months and I'm back to my original weight just with healthy eating and walking into town with pushchair. I had a CS and I'm 42 so it can be done, I just thought 9 months on, 9 months off (it also helped I'm going on holiday in July so I had a goal) smile

ch1134 Wed 02-Apr-14 11:30:37

I put on 2 stone and lost 1 and 1/2 in the first 4 days... still got the other 1/2 to lose 10 weeks later!

Boogles91 Wed 02-Apr-14 12:07:23

Tbh, my diet is pretty shite! Im only 25wks, and ive gotta pit on over a stone, i can see it when i see myself in the mirror, i was pretty slim before sad my plan is to get back on the crosstrainer when i can and look forward to be able to eat proper food again! Xx

TeaAndANatter Wed 02-Apr-14 12:11:32

I look like I've eaten the couch (37+5), but I always do in pregnancy, and it comes off by itself more or less in time, might need a wee bit of extra fruit and veg and a bit of cake deprivation after the first few months if it's still there.

Don't worry, much bigger fish to fry! xx

CityDweller Wed 02-Apr-14 13:17:24

This really is an 'everyone is different' thing! Some women lose it within a month or so, some keep it on and have to change their eating/ exercise habits to lose it later on. A lot depends on how much you put on during pregnancy, how you eat after pregnancy, how your body responds to breastfeeding (if you do indeed breastfeed), how active you are, etc.

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 02-Apr-14 13:26:49

I put on about a stone and 1/2 I lost - stone within the week then another 4 stone in the year that followed. I was a size 18 prepregnancy and Im a 12 now between breastfeeding, walking with the pram and generally not having time to eat it comes off smile you'll lose that really quickly don't worry and good luck

Sweetpea86 Wed 02-Apr-14 13:35:02

I've put on about 2 and half stone and was a 14 to 16 I plan to do wot u do London lady and walk lots with pram.

OMG wishfulmakeupping that's amazing well done you must feel fab

puthyjip43 Wed 02-Apr-14 13:39:10

I put on 11kgin total and lost 8kg the day of the birth and then another 7kg in the week following..my baby was in nicu for a week though so much of that was down to stress I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now